Support VWWC

Thread: Mk7 GTI - BCM Location

Mk7 GTI - BCM Location

I'm looking to wire up a dedicated Westfalia towbar harness. The instructions are for a LHD vehicle and show the BCM on the left hand side of the car. So... with a RHD car I'm wondering whether the BCM is in the same location. From what I have read it would seem it is, and that it can be found on behind the glovebox near the fuses. Is anybody able to confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by clio View Post
    I'm looking to wire up a dedicated Westfalia towbar harness. The instructions are for a LHD vehicle and show the BCM on the left hand side of the car. So... with a RHD car I'm wondering whether the BCM is in the same location. From what I have read it would seem it is, and that it can be found on behind the glovebox near the fuses. Is anybody able to confirm?
    Can't confirm, however I'd drop the glove box and you'll be able to confirm soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hey clio, did you end up finding the answer to this? Looking into installing some footwell lights and was wondering how to get to the BCM in RHD vehicles.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Hey clio, did you end up finding the answer to this? Looking into installing some footwell lights and was wondering how to get to the BCM in RHD vehicles.
    Yes, on RHD models the BCM is behind the glove box on the lower left side - like this:

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 01-11-2020 at 08:07 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks Don, how would I go about accessing it - would dropping the glovebox do the job (eg. dropping it to change the cain filter/access the fuses) or do I have to completely remove the glovebox/discovery unit from the glovebox?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Thanks Don, how would I go about accessing it - would dropping the glovebox do the job (eg. dropping it to change the cain filter/access the fuses) or do I have to completely remove the glovebox/discovery unit from the glovebox?
    No - you just need to drop the glove box: hold the glove-box door and pull-up the 2 x tabs shown below. CAREFULLY guide the door down.

Pay particular attention to the slider which is connected to the back left side of the glove box. Take note of how the slider fits into the slot in the damper element (see below) because you will need to locate and seat the slider properly when you re-fit the glove box door

You should then have access to the 3 X BCM Plugs on the lower left-side of the panel in my first picture.

If my memory is correct, I think that "C" is the correct plug for the footwell light pin (should be the closest plug to the passenger seat))- identify like this:

Disconnect the C plug like this:

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 01-11-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hey Don, I dropped the glovebox and had a look on the left hand side but couldn't find it - am I just blind? Haha - should it just be there in front of me?