Support VWWC

Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimer View Post
    Thanks ctan. What sort of minor issues? I accept that with the advent of new tech, and as cars get more complicated there's always going to be more that can go wrong, and I'm comforted by the idea of fixed-price servicing, but I dread the thought that out of warranty the car is going to become a cash burner. I was so impressed with the engines and the quality inside, as well as the tech. I'd love to think I could live with it happily for a long time. I should also say, I don't do a lot of driving, so my last car only did 88k in 10 years, in case that makes any difference to the reliability issues.
    Clutch plates and just recently the ignition switch. All covered under warranty. The ignition switch was not causing any problems, just an intermittent issue which I was able to pick up with a diagnostic tool. VW agreed to replace it. I do a lot of driving, currently at 96000 km. Car will be 3 yrs in July. Still drives like when I bought it. Love this car, every drive brings a big
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2014 GTI PP/Pure White/DAP+Leather
    2010 TSI 118/DSG/Reflex Silver/SP+ACC/Sunroof/Dyna/MDI/SatNav /PA+RVC

DCC (or ACC) isn't standard, it's an option in the UK even with the PP. Part of the reason is probably that you don't have to bundle the PP with 19s over there (which is what I was referring to by bundling the PP Golf7). Most test cars had PP and 18s which is probably the ideal combination. Plus the 19s are FUGLY

Some of the confusion with ACC is that the ability to tweak the throttle response, steering etc is standard in the UK, but the actual adaptive dampers which are the things that actually help the ride quality, are a paid option

Users Country Flag
    Awesome. I was really impressed with the ride. When I went back home in my Jazz I felt like I was in a horse-drawn buggy. The seat feels every stone on the road. I've got a lot to think about. If only they had the piano finish on the 90CL I'd be sold. I don't like that brushed aluminium personally. It reminds me of the cheap plastic on my current car. I don't think I could love with it. The dealer says I could buy some fascia decals to cover it. Have you heard of those?

Judging from what others have said I think there will be plenty of people willing to swap with you, I'm a fan of the piano black but lots of other people seem to not like it.
    2014 Golf GTI PP - Pure White

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    DCC (or ACC) isn't standard, it's an option in the UK even with the PP. Part of the reason is probably that you don't have to bundle the PP with 19s over there (which is what I was referring to by bundling the PP Golf7). Most test cars had PP and 18s which is probably the ideal combination. Plus the 19s are FUGLY

Some of the confusion with ACC is that the ability to tweak the throttle response, steering etc is standard in the UK, but the actual adaptive dampers which are the things that actually help the ride quality, are a paid option
    Completely agree with you, I hate the 19s. They ruin the ride, composure, add noise and increase fuel consumption. I'll do some research...
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Users Country Flag
    I also sat in one Highline yesterday at the dealer's, the piano black was a huge turn off for me, the cabin layout compared to my Golf VI is also not captivating at all. I love the way those two chrome surround air vents in MK VI stand in front of you boldly; they look awesome. I told the sales guy i wasn't interested in having a test drive (even though it drives very well according to reviews). IMO, the cockpit is what i interact with every time i'm driving and since i don't like what Golf 7 offers, I'll be looking at upgrading to audi A3 sportsback in due time; it's interior layout doesn't look too far from my current golf VI. It costs a whole lot more but it's a worthy upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by OYE View Post
    I also sat in one Highline yesterday at the dealer's, the piano black was a huge turn off for me, the cabin layout compared to my Golf VI is also not captivating at all. I love the way those two chrome surround air vents in MK VI stand in front of you boldly; they look awesome. I told the sales guy i wasn't interested in having a test drive (even though it drives very well according to reviews). IMO, the cockpit is what i interact with every time i'm driving and since i don't like what Golf 7 offers, I'll be looking at upgrading to audi A3 sportsback in due time; it's interior layout doesn't look too far from my current golf VI. It costs a whole lot more but it's a worthy upgrade!
    Agree with the air-vents on the Mk.6, now the shiny stuff is everywhere... Subjectively, not as special...
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Agree with the air-vents on the Mk.6, now the shiny stuff is everywhere... Subjectively, not as special...
    Couldn't agree more mate!

the piano black was a huge turn off for me,
    Totally agree.

Users Country Flag

Well dont know about the Golf but the chrome surrounds on vents are a PITA on the Passat as they reflect in the screen most of the time Bad windscreen angle or bad dash angle ??????????
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast