Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Totally agree with this guy, the specs are nail on perfect... Well almost...

Now we get onto the GTI

The base GTI will have bi-xenons, the Discover Pro Sat-Nav as well as the standard 18 inch alloys, ACC will be an option as will the Performance Package which will also bring the 19 inch alloys. Expect leather and sunroof to also be options obviously.
    Came across this video posted in VW UK, hope you're right Golf7, it looks like a fantastic unit.
    Volkswagen Technology - Discover Pro - YouTube

Users Country Flag
    You kind of had that coming Golf7 with the tone of your post, ie "um" with the triple question marks, which could be read with condescending tone.
    Given many of your posts read like a sales pitch, it is hard to see where you are coming from at times.
    Last edited by tonymy01; 03-05-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    ---
    Manual MY12 RB Golf R | Bluefin Stg2 | Milltek turbo-back

Users Country Flag
    oops I might have hit a spot. Sorry mate. It was just meant as friendly advise. A few years ago a mate of a mate used to work for their media agency and got fired over writing about confidential data on the Golf net.

And yes, the normal Golf 7 has been very likely been in the country since January (weren't photos posted with trucks moving them off the wharf?) but not GTI. According to the dealers the production for Australia hasn't even started. So if there was a preview - not with GTI.

Anyway - time will tell.

19" Wheels mandated with DCC?

The base GTI will have bi-xenons, the Discover Pro Sat-Nav as well as the standard 18 inch alloys, ACC will be an option as will the Performance Package which will also bring the 19 inch alloys. Expect leather and sunroof to also be options obviously.
    Been looking at brochures from other countries and journo articles. I was lead to believe that every Golf 7 optioned with 19" wheels (GTI, GTD, R or R-Line) from factory would have DCC as a mandatory option. I guess it may be to stop the larger wheels esp. tyres from rubbing on the fenders?

I wonder if the Golf 7 GTI will have the hard plastic door sills under the window-line? I have no doubt that the GTI Power-Pack will be seriously competent, perhaps to the point that the Golf R (as stated) may have to come down in price -v- GTI PP.

Cheers.
    WJ

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymy01 View Post
    You kind of had that coming Golf7 with the tone of your post, ie "um" with the triple question marks, which could be read with condescending tone.
    Given many of your posts read like a sales pitch, it is hard to see where you are coming from at times.
    +1

We'd all like factual information. How do you know what spec the Oz GTI will have when it isn't in the country? Not having a go, it just seems that you have put yourself up as some sort of expert mouthpiece on the subject. I think you'll find most people like a bit of friendly banter that makes them feel they are being spoken with, not to. I know you are a fanatic of the marque, but as Tony says, please try and make it less like a sales pitch.

GTI MY16.5 PURE WHITE | LAKIN PLATE HOLDER | TINTS |

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    oops I might have hit a spot. Sorry mate. It was just meant as friendly advise. A few years ago a mate of a mate used to work for their media agency and got fired over writing about confidential data on the Golf net.

And yes, the normal Golf 7 has been very likely been in the country since January (weren't photos posted with trucks moving them off the wharf?) but not GTI. According to the dealers the production for Australia hasn't even started. So if there was a preview - not with GTI.

Anyway - time will tell.
    No worries mate, all good, just got a bit cross my bad... Like I said we got to see a LHD version of the car and they asked us to complete a questionnaire on what we value. What I know is word of mouth but I can say that there won't be any major surprises to what I wrote before.
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteJames View Post
    Been looking at brochures from other countries and journo articles. I was lead to believe that every Golf 7 optioned with 19" wheels (GTI, GTD, R or R-Line) from factory would have DCC as a mandatory option. I guess it may be to stop the larger wheels esp. tyres from rubbing on the fenders?

I wonder if the Golf 7 GTI will have the hard plastic door sills under the window-line? I have no doubt that the GTI Power-Pack will be seriously competent, perhaps to the point that the Golf R (as stated) may have to come down in price -v- GTI PP.

Cheers.
    WJ
    I think your right with the DCC and the 19s... The R is apparently going to be mental and a real weapon... We'll see! It's looking very tasty though!
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozram View Post
    +1

We'd all like factual information. How do you know what spec the Oz GTI will have when it isn't in the country? Not having a go, it just seems that you have put yourself up as some sort of expert mouthpiece on the subject. I think you'll find most people like a bit of friendly banter that makes them feel they are being spoken with, not to. I know you are a fanatic of the marque, but as Tony says, please try and make it less like a sales pitch.
    There are actually quite a few MK.7 GTIs in the country doing the final evaluation for VWA before they order the exact specifications from head office. Thanks for the advice.

Oh and VW's bean counters have just hit again on the MK.7. I was meaning to say this before: The rear upper door trim is hard, brittle plastic on the normal cars at least... The front occupants are treated to a soft touch plastic though... I saw a question somewhere out there asking about plastics used...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    There are actually quite a few MK.7 GTIs in the country doing the final evaluation for VWA before they order the exact specifications from head office. Thanks for the advice.
    My apologies if this is so, I haven't heard of it or seen any spy shots etc. No probs on the advice, it would be boring if we were all the same.

GTI MY16.5 PURE WHITE | LAKIN PLATE HOLDER | TINTS |

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast