Support VWWC

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert View Post
    I picked up my new Golf 7 TSI Comfortline today. I love it. It feels and drives like a very special car. I can see why it has won all those big awards. Those clever Germans - they just keep refining and refining until they get it right. Hopefully, they have ironed out the problems with the DSG too. Time will tell.

The brushed aluminium dashboard of the Comfortline looks very good too - so much better (in my opinion) than the glossy black piano inlay of the Highline (a magnet for smudges, dust and reflections).

In summary, I would recommend the new Golf 7 to anyone. A beautifully designed and engineered car that is so practical. Can't wait to go on a long trip in it.
    Congrats on your new car! Without a doubt something special! Enjoy!
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Users Country Flag
    I sat in one of the highline models yesterday at the dealership while picking up some parts. First impression was it's very nice, everything just seems newer and more high tech compared to my Mk6. While it looks sexy I'm not entirely convinced on the piano black vs fingerprints thing. The MFD looks higher res than the older one. The doors and wing mirror arrangement looks different, especially with that tiny window...

In any case it's now a waiting game for the GTI. I was having a nice chat with the salesman and while talking we were pondering what the GTI is going to bring both in terms of features and pricing. Sure it will have more power, but with so much standard in the highline where else might the differentiators be?

Standard leather? Xenons? Panoramic Sunroof?

Also interesting was that I was told the base model comes with hub caps with the optional alloys being dealer fit only, not factory order-able... seems like the dealerships are likely to end up with lots of spare stock rims?... although how many 90TSI vs the Comfortline will be sold? especially those upgrading the rims at near $1,000 for the set (which his a huge chunk of the difference between the models). Again it seems they have a basic base model almost so they can claim a lower starting price...

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    While it looks sexy I'm not entirely convinced on the piano black vs fingerprints thing.
    I can confidently say after picking up my TSI Highline over a week ago, that the fingerprints on the piano black gloss are not an issue. Why would you be touching it anyway? The only thing you tend to touch are the buttons (which are not black gloss) and the touchscreen. Loving the interior LED lighting in the Highline at night too, it's really special!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkj View Post
    I can confidently say after picking up my TSI Highline over a week ago, that the fingerprints on the piano black gloss are not an issue. Why would you be touching it anyway? The only thing you tend to touch are the buttons (which are not black gloss) and the touchscreen. Loving the interior LED lighting in the Highline at night too, it's really special!
    Congrats with your new car! So jealous!
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    Also interesting was that I was told the base model comes with hub caps with the optional alloys being dealer fit only, not factory order-able... seems like the dealerships are likely to end up with lots of spare stock rims?... although how many 90TSI vs the Comfortline will be sold? especially those upgrading the rims at near $1,000 for the set (which his a huge chunk of the difference between the models). Again it seems they have a basic base model almost so they can claim a lower starting price...
    Isn't that what a base model is for?
    Upgraded alloys on a 90TSI will be a "thrown in to deal to make you buy it".
    Alloys wheels should never (on a low cost hatch) be a factory option. 3 month way for alloys! You've got to be kidding.

GTI - i reckon standard Sat Nav, maybe HIDS. Limited options like the Highline. VW Aust have finally worked out that endless option lists cause nothing but grief. The Japanese learnt that decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    Isn't that what a base model is for?
    Upgraded alloys on a 90TSI will be a "thrown in to deal to make you buy it".
    Alloys wheels should never (on a low cost hatch) be a factory option. 3 month way for alloys! You've got to be kidding.

GTI - i reckon standard Sat Nav, maybe HIDS. Limited options like the Highline. VW Aust have finally worked out that endless option lists cause nothing but grief. The Japanese learnt that decades ago.
    Totally agree with this guy, the specs are nail on perfect... Well almost...

Now we get onto the GTI

The base GTI will have bi-xenons, the Discover Pro Sat-Nav as well as the standard 18 inch alloys, ACC will be an option as will the Performance Package which will also bring the 19 inch alloys. Expect leather and sunroof to also be options obviously.
    Last edited by Golf7; 02-05-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Totally agree with this guy, the specs are nail on perfect... Well almost...

Now we get onto the GTI

The base GTI will have bi-xenons, the Discover Pro Sat-Nav as well as the standard 18 inch alloys, ACC will be an option as will the Performance Package which will also bring the 19 inch alloys. Expect leather and sunroof to also be options obviously.
    What makes you believe the Australian GTI will have the discover pro system? Or any of the options you mention?

Quote Originally Posted by volksweapon View Post
    What makes you believe the Australian GTI will have the discover pro system? Or any of the options you mention?
    Um, because I saw the car??? During their spec consultation???

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Um, because I saw the car??? During their spec consultation???
    In which country? Unless you work for Volkswagen Australia, I can't imagine someone having the details already or that there is already a car in the country. They usually keep spec and price pretty close until the launch or shortly before. And if you DO work for them or their agency, you should think twice before giving away confidential information and risking your job.

But I guess, time will tell. In a few months we will see if all the things you promised us as standard will really be in the car. If not - your credibility will be gone. So good luck mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    In which country? Unless you work for Volkswagen Australia, I can't imagine someone having the details already or that there is already a car in the country. They usually keep spec and price pretty close until the launch or shortly before. And if you DO work for them or their agency, you should think twice before giving away confidential information and risking your job.

But I guess, time will tell. In a few months we will see if all the things you promised us as standard will really be in the car. If not - your credibility will be gone. So good luck mate!
    I cannot see your point, maybe chucking in your two cents makes you feel better. I do not appreciate being spoken to as above. If you do not know what is going on, or if you are making mere unqualified assumptions regarding myself, I ask that you do not write personal posts on the forum directed at me. I do not appreciate being told how to act or behave, this is not your role and insulting.

I can't believe that I actually have to 'explain' myself to some random stranger. As a journalist, I was involved in an event where the Golf GTI was shown to us and we were expected to give feedback on the car's provisional specifications. I'm not sure if you know this but MK.7s have been in Australia since January 19th.

Make of this what you want.

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast