Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions

Users Country Flag

Took a 103TSI (Highline) for a drive today. Very quiet and very comfortable. Soaks up the bumps even better than the 6 which is hard to believe.

Compared to my 118TSI wagon it did feel slow. Quite good from 0-60 but disappointing after that. But overall it is probably more than quick enough for the average driver.

The standard highline seats look quite nice. The leather option was also nice, probably a nicer looking leather than the VI's imo.

I don't think the gloss around the centre console etc looks as good as the matte finish in the trendline. It's shiny but will get covered in fingerprints and dust in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by b c View Post
    Do the bi-xenon lights come with dynamic light assist, or is that something else again?
    Unfortunately they're separate systems I believe...
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Yep, had a test drive today. Bi xenons "steer" into the corner, but don't have the auto dip functionality available in Europe. And I was told the ACT (two cylinder mode) only works above 130kmh, so no value in Aus - at least that's what the dealers were told.

Anyway, have a highline on order with options that means it hasn't been built yet. sooner than I expected to order, but there was a first week deal on.

Anyone have an informed opinion on paint / upholstery protection? I've rejected tinting, but not sure if it is worth the money for the extra protection.

Can't really add too much info to the thread but I just went and had a quick look at the ones at the dealer today, the suede bits of the interior (highline im guessing) were nice and the interior design as a whole was very nice, however the exterior was a bit too bland for my taste and too similar to the mk6, will hold further judgement until I see a GTI in the flesh
    2014 Golf GTI PP - Pure White

Users Country Flag
    Anyone have an informed opinion on paint / upholstery protection? I've rejected tinting, but not sure if it is worth the money for the extra protection.
    Don't go with the dealer's paint & interior protection, it's way too expensive and quite frankly...rubbish. Get it done by a quality detailer, some do tinting too.

GTI MY16.5 PURE WHITE | LAKIN PLATE HOLDER | TINTS |

Yep, had a test drive today. Bi xenons "steer" into the corner, but don't have the auto dip functionality available in Europe. And I was told the ACT (two cylinder mode) only works above 130kmh, so no value in Aus - at least that's what the dealers were told.

Anyway, have a highline on order with options that means it hasn't been built yet. sooner than I expected to order, but there was a first week deal on.

The fact that we won't get the ACT for that reason is a load of rubbish. It only works under 130km/h! That's more like it... VWA couldn't bother paying more for our cars to get the system and we wouldn't appreciate it much here in OZ as a fuel saving of maybe 0.3 litres is negligible with our relatively low fuel prices by world standards, It just wasn't worth it... Mind I ask at dealer you test drove the car? Did they come in with you for the drive and was the car registered???
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    The fact that we won't get the ACT for that reason is a load of rubbish. It only works under 130km/h! That's more like it... VWA couldn't bother paying more for our cars to get the system and we wouldn't appreciate it much here in OZ as a fuel saving of maybe 0.3 litres is negligible with our relatively low fuel prices by world standards, It just wasn't worth it... Mind I ask at dealer you test drove the car? Did they come in with you for the drive and was the car registered???
    They had at least one golf 7 registered, but the one I drove with my wife wasn't. Dealer came with us, but I asked for some winding/bumpy road and he took us to some I was familiar with.

Anyone else wanting to share their test-drive experiences? Driving the car again this Saturday, review will go up shortly after...

I picked up my new Golf 7 TSI Comfortline today. I love it. It feels and drives like a very special car. I can see why it has won all those big awards. Those clever Germans - they just keep refining and refining until they get it right. Hopefully, they have ironed out the problems with the DSG too. Time will tell.

The brushed aluminium dashboard of the Comfortline looks very good too - so much better (in my opinion) than the glossy black piano inlay of the Highline (a magnet for smudges, dust and reflections).

In summary, I would recommend the new Golf 7 to anyone. A beautifully designed and engineered car that is so practical. Can't wait to go on a long trip in it.

I drove the 110TDI today. For me it was well.. meh for the experience.

Things i did like.

The seats are excellent.
    The dash was fantastic

What i didn't like.
    The Sat nav screen is A LOT smaller and lower resolution ( cost cutting ? )
    I had fair amount of wind nose from the right side drivers mirror.
    Also had a rattle in the lower right cabin.

I had all intent to purchase today. but i walked away not being sold. I will wait for the GTD.

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast