Thread: Mk7 Golf R line TSi do's and don'ts?

Mk7 Golf R line TSi do's and don'ts?

Hi all

I recently purchased a 2016 Golf R Line with a 1.4L and DSG. I absolutely love it but want to add a little bit more power to it and a exhaust upgrade .

I’ve heard good and bad things about the dry clutch DSG fitted to these vehicles. Will they handle a Stage 1 tune with bigger exhaust?

Also what else is recommend to do and not do with these motors and gearboxes?
    Last edited by RobRisto; 30-12-2019 at 12:27 AM.

Users Country Flag

Mk7 Golf R line TSi do's and don'ts?

Congrats on the purchase. With a tune it will definitely be a nice sleeper if you can keep it quiet and stock looking, if that’s what you wanna go for.

Alex from Underground Performance does custom tunes for all VWs so I’d give him a call just to find out what’s possible.

CONTACT / BOOK — Underground Performance

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by RobRisto View Post
    Hi all

I recently purchased a 2016 Golf R Line with a 1.4L and DSG. I absolutely love it but want to add a little bit more power to it and a exhaust upgrade .

I’ve heard good and bad things about the dry clutch DSG fitted to these vehicles. Will they handle a Stage 1 tune with bigger exhaust?

Also what else is recommend to do and not do with these motors and gearboxes?
    Dont , those engine are on the limit with torque for that gearbox , horror stories with tune on the 1.4 .
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Thanks for the heads up. I have read good and bad things about these motors with DSG being tuned. I think will leave it though and just add a muffler for a little bit of sound.