Support VWWC

Page 488 of 495 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Hi I'm new to this forum so ill start with a introduction , My Name is Ben from the Gold Coast and i own a MK7 Golf R Wolfsburg Edition .
    Currently running Etuners stage 2 tune with supporting mods. Im always looking for some new mods if anyone selling anything please inbox me . My Daily job is my own business , Protect Your Ride which is a local paint protection business link is below . Im happy to offer discounts to other VW owners

https://protectyourride.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by protectyourride View Post
    Hi I'm new to this forum so ill start with a introduction , My Name is Ben from the Gold Coast and i own a MK7 Golf R Wolfsburg Edition .
    Currently running Etuners stage 2 tune with supporting mods. Im always looking for some new mods if anyone selling anything please inbox me . My Daily job is my own business , Protect Your Ride which is a local paint protection business link is below . Im happy to offer discounts to other VW owners

Welcome!
    How do you find the Etuners tune out of interest? I have a wolfsburg too (tuned), but a buddy of mine with an R is keen on a tune.

Users Country Flag
    i had APR previously and have to say Etuners is smoother gear changes and more reponsive , i went from 182wkw to 242kw , so very impressed

i had APR previously and have to say Etuners is smoother gear changes and more reponsive , i went from 182wkw to 242kw , so very impressed
    Brilliant. I've seen good things from them on socials. Good to hear some first hand experience. I'll let my mate know, cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Can somebody please tell me if there's supposed to be a seal in this oil neck? Judging by the parts diagram there should be but mine has nothing and I have a slow oil leak which seems to be coming from the cap.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge
    .:Mk5 R32

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas_thefish View Post
    Can somebody please tell me if there's supposed to be a seal in this oil neck? Judging by the parts diagram there should be but mine has nothing and I have a slow oil leak which seems to be coming from the cap.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge
    I can confirm on my Golf R there is a seal on the bottom of the cap itself. Sort of hard to find but it is there.
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Users Country Flag

Welcome, I am also on the Gold Coast. Got a Mk 7.5 Golf R Final Edition. Nice web site you have.
    I have never heard of Etuners (not that that is a surprise)

Chris
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Users Country Flag

Tune options

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial View Post
    Welcome!
    How do you find the Etuners tune out of interest? I have a wolfsburg too (tuned), but a buddy of mine with an R is keen on a tune.
    Primordial just wondering what tune you have, I seem to remember originally you had the JB1, I've had the JB1 upgraded to JB4 in late 2016 still happy with the JB4 I like the easy management using the phone App with Bluetooth. I'm aware a real tune will be superior to the intercept management modules any feedback welcome. Also I've noticed HumbleMechanic used the Integrated Engineering tune his being US spec port only injection, the tune can be installed and removed with the supplied hardware dongle and software, wondering if anyone with an OZ spec R duel port and direct injection fuel has tried this tune.

Thanks
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    MK8 Golf R is a big step up from the MK7/7.5 power wise. It appears the stock 8R is delivering equivalent power to a 7R Stage 1. Checkout the video. HGP Turbo in Germany are quoting 8R Stage 1 at 420PS or 313kW and 550Nm There must be some solid improvements to the EA888 Gen4 engine. TRUE POWER OF MY 2021 VW GOLF R REVEALED! | DYNO RUN - YouTube
    Last edited by rosslm; 21-03-2021 at 01:38 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

I wonder what the power wil be for the Oz version of the Mk8 R ?

I am guessing that it will be like the post-WLTP Mk7.5 R's, ie it will have port injection but won't have the GPF/OPF/PPF that the Euro and American Rs have. IIRC that is because Oz petrol has too much sulphur, so they omitted the Particulate Filter.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Page 488 of 495 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490 ... LastLast