Page 485 of 495 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MitchT84 View Post
    Hi Kelvinator,

I’ve had a stage 1 high torque APR in my Golf R special edition for near on a year. APR TCU tune for near on 9 months. Changes the car the for the better. No issues, amazing power gains. The only thing I’ve changed is I do more frequent oil changes. Highly recommend. I loved it so much I went stage 2 APR high torque last Tuesday. Best way to describe it over stock is stage 1 wakes the engine up and gives it the power it deserves. Stage 2 really frees the turbo up on top of stage 1. It doesn’t give the same impact as stage 1 but the turbo now feels free to spool up, power is more instant. If anyone is thinking of going Stage 2 APR they have until September 7 then APR are pulling it because of emissions laws in the states. I’ve done a heap of other mods. Car has done 18,000km. Tuned at 5,000km. Not a single issue. Longevity wise, no idea. Make sure you use quality parts and keep on top of servicing at more frequent intervals and I think the engine will be fine. I’ve done a heap of other mods. Once you start it’s hard to stop.
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said on the description of stage 1 to 2. Also the better exhaust note and induction sounds make car much more fun. Regarding long gevity I'm APR stage 2 and been stage 1/2 tuned since Dec 2014. Early model turbo and almost 75k km 70k tuned foing strong. I did have waterpump and haldex fail but both known issues even at stock. Good servicing, quality parts and mechanical symptahty the key.

The 034 intake looks really good too BTW.

Regarding TCU tune, on the 6sp it's a must to improve the driving modes even more than the clutch clamping etc. I found stock D and R modes very average. In 7 speed I don't think it's needed nearly as much, the sports mode in AUdi greatly improved and clutch stronger.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Was the 3 year free servicing available when you went?

I was hoping to buy the R wagon early-mid Nov but the 3 year free servicing finishes end of September.
    What do you guys reckon, buy it on the current deal or hope there is a better one in Nov?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    There might not be any Rs left by November, as they've stopped making Mk7.5s. There is talk that the Mk8 R won't be released until next year, so if you want an R before then I'd grab one while you still have some choices.
    Given the level of stock available currently I'd be surprised if there was a sudden run on new Rs before November, but I'd expect that sales will continue to remain depressed so there may be other offers available.

Having said that something like the free servicing is reliant on VW support so if that is of value maybe a good excuse to upgrade now mate.

I'm still debating a final 7.5 R. I have no real issues with the 8, but there will always be issues with the early build cars and I don't want involvement in VW's in market fixes.

A fully optioned R right now that still has old school buttons to press would be just fine.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    One of my colleagues is looking at either a low kms MY19 Special Edition, or a demo Final Edition.

Other than the exhaust on the SE, are there any noticeable differences? SE looks to be 52k, FE 55k

Given he’d want an aftermarket exhaust, I’d say the SE would be a better pick, unless the FE has something else going for it...
    2006 MkV 2.0TDI -> 2005 MkV GTI -> 2008 MkV R32 -> 2013 Polo 77TSI + 2016 Mk7 Golf R Wagon

Users Country Flag
    I assume wanting an aftermarket exhaust means he wants the Akra catback on the SE?

FE comes with Dynaudio and the nappa leather.. no idea whether SE was the same.

$52k seems pricey.. with the current differential I'd go the FE for the new car and five years warranty - again no idea if the SE cars slotted into that window. I'm a bit out of date.

If I could get the SE down some more then I'd be swayed.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Given the level of stock available currently I'd be surprised if there was a sudden run on new Rs before November, but I'd expect that sales will continue to remain depressed so there may be other offers available.

Having said that something like the free servicing is reliant on VW support so if that is of value maybe a good excuse to upgrade now mate.

I'm still debating a final 7.5 R. I have no real issues with the 8, but there will always be issues with the early build cars and I don't want involvement in VW's in market fixes.

A fully optioned R right now that still has old school buttons to press would be just fine.
    I would agree that sales won't ramp up later in the year due to the effects of COVID.
    I did consider waiting for the Mk8 Golf R but needed a car by the end of the year.
    Also after watching many videos on the new Golf's infotainment system and the lack of buttons, I was turned off.

In the end I pulled the trigger on a MY20 Golf R Wagon for $56K DA.
    Didn't go for the Sunroof/Dynaudio as wife was not keen on it and not happy to stretch another 2.5k.
    I'm hoping no-one is going to say they got a fully loaded Golf R wagon for less than 58k DA.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag

Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    I assume wanting an aftermarket exhaust means he wants the Akra catback on the SE?

FE comes with Dynaudio and the nappa leather.. no idea whether SE was the same.

$52k seems pricey.. with the current differential I'd go the FE for the new car and five years warranty - again no idea if the SE cars slotted into that window. I'm a bit out of date.

If I could get the SE down some more then I'd be swayed.
    He’s got a deposit paid on the SE for 50k, which seems like a good deal... 11 months rego too
    Last edited by shauno; 29-08-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    2006 MkV 2.0TDI -> 2005 MkV GTI -> 2008 MkV R32 -> 2013 Polo 77TSI + 2016 Mk7 Golf R Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    I would agree that sales won't ramp up later in the year due to the effects of COVID.
    I did consider waiting for the Mk8 Golf R but needed a car by the end of the year.
    Also after watching many videos on the new Golf's infotainment system and the lack of buttons, I was turned off.

In the end I pulled the trigger on a MY20 Golf R Wagon for $56K DA.
    Didn't go for the Sunroof/Dynaudio as wife was not keen on it and not happy to stretch another 2.5k.
    I'm hoping no-one is going to say they got a fully loaded Golf R wagon for less than 58k DA.
    Congratulations.

Yeah, can’t say I’ve come across too many people who are wrapt about everything being done via screen. Guarantee there will be gremlins for a while as well. A 7.5 should be issue free generally.

Quote Originally Posted by shauno View Post
    He’s got a deposit paid on the SE for 50k, which seems like a good deal... 11 months rego too
    Happy days.

I’m still very undecided what I’ll do next.

Users Country Flag
    Hey, slightly off topic, anybody any idea where I can get the Racingline Foam Panel filter from. My usual supplier is out of stock. Mine has now done 120000klms so time for a fresh one.

RacingLine VWR11G501 - VWR High-Flow Panel Air Filter | Sparesbox

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Harding Performance at Cooparoo? They have the RacingLine stuff
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag

There is pretty much zero stock in Australia for Racingline parts at present. I ended up getting the usual parts (filter, inlet hose, muffler delete, turbo inlet) from eBay - there are a couple of UK sellers with good prices and reasonable shipping times.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Hey, slightly off topic, anybody any idea where I can get the Racingline Foam Panel filter from. My usual supplier is out of stock. Mine has now done 120000klms so time for a fresh one.

RacingLine VWR11G501 - VWR High-Flow Panel Air Filter | Sparesbox

2020 Golf R | Indium Grey | Milltek/Racingline/APR hardware | Eibach Pro-Kit
    Ordered: BBS CI-R 19x8.5
    Planned: Etuners Motorsport stage 2 ECU/TCU tune | Michelin PS4S tyres

Page 485 of 495 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487 ... LastLast