Page 484 of 495 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Trentm View Post
    Didnt think there was much difference between final ed and normal mk 7.5? Colour options are only $300. I paid 55k for mine 2 months ago.
    Per the last run of Wolfsburgs they've put in Dynaudio (or is this standard now?) and the nappa leather, and have chucked on the Pretorias which either complete the look, or can be sold for a decent premium over the Spielbergs.

I'd think there's gotta be at least a few grand in it.

Mind you, the dealer's would be playing a silly game if they didn't discount to clear the stock as I suspect there will be a few people happy to sit it out and wait for the Mk8 - although with all the initial niggles so far I think a 7.5 R makes a lot more sense for the next couple of years at least.

Still debating one..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Didnt think there was much difference between final ed and normal mk 7.5? Colour options are only $300. I paid 55k for mine 2 months ago.
    3k difference on base rrp, and dealers don't like discounting the limited edition models as much. There's only 150 of the custom colour R's.

I think they've stopped production of the 7.5R now? The 8R looks to be a year away from Aus launch.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinator124 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Do you have any experiences with the Stage 1 tunes from APR, Revo and Racingline?

And is the TCU tune a nice to have for stage 1? I understand you need it for stage 2 to get a better clamping force and fast shifts, any suggestions?

Thanks
    Hi Kelvinator,

I’ve had a stage 1 high torque APR in my Golf R special edition for near on a year. APR TCU tune for near on 9 months. Changes the car the for the better. No issues, amazing power gains. The only thing I’ve changed is I do more frequent oil changes. Highly recommend. I loved it so much I went stage 2 APR high torque last Tuesday. Best way to describe it over stock is stage 1 wakes the engine up and gives it the power it deserves. Stage 2 really frees the turbo up on top of stage 1. It doesn’t give the same impact as stage 1 but the turbo now feels free to spool up, power is more instant. If anyone is thinking of going Stage 2 APR they have until September 7 then APR are pulling it because of emissions laws in the states. I’ve done a heap of other mods. Car has done 18,000km. Tuned at 5,000km. Not a single issue. Longevity wise, no idea. Make sure you use quality parts and keep on top of servicing at more frequent intervals and I think the engine will be fine. I’ve done a heap of other mods. Once you start it’s hard to stop.
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattyf83 View Post
    Got a few grand off the current asking price and the 2.99% interest rate.

Indium Grey with Sunroof and Dynaudio.
    Do you mind me asking how much and where you got the car from?
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Hi, I just bought a new Golf R for 55k on road with Dynaudio, sunroof, 3 yrs prepaid servicing and tint. Good price or pretty average deal?
    Great deal mate, which stealer did you get it from?
    Current:

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Great deal mate, which stealer did you get it from?
    Solitaire Medindie.

Users Country Flag
    Solitaire Medindie.
    Damn nice price.

Solitaire must’ve been keen - they wouldn’t budge on price when I was there a month or so ago.
    2017 MKVII Golf GTI | Pure White | DSG | DAP

Instagram @purewhitegti

Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    Damn nice price.

Solitaire must’ve been keen - they wouldn’t budge on price when I was there a month or so ago.

Was the 3 year free servicing available when you went?

I was hoping to buy the R wagon early-mid Nov but the 3 year free servicing finishes end of September.
    What do you guys reckon, buy it on the current deal or hope there is a better one in Nov?
    Current:

I was hoping to buy the R wagon early-mid Nov but the 3 year free servicing finishes end of September.
    What do you guys reckon, buy it on the current deal or hope there is a better one in Nov?
    There might not be any Rs left by November, as they've stopped making Mk7.5s. There is talk that the Mk8 R won't be released until next year, so if you want an R before then I'd grab one while you still have some choices.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag

Was the 3 year free servicing available when you went?
    Not that I can remember, I was going to cough up for the 5-year servicing plan anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    There might not be any Rs left by November, as they've stopped making Mk7.5s. There is talk that the Mk8 R won't be released until next year, so if you want an R before then I'd grab one while you still have some choices.
    That's a good point, I was hoping to be in an R by April next year when my GTI's lease is up but don't really want to make the incremental update from 7 to 7.5. I guess I'll have to wait and see who knows the Mk8's interior might turn me right off - I'm on the fence at the moment about it...
    2017 MKVII Golf GTI | Pure White | DSG | DAP

Instagram @purewhitegti

Page 484 of 495 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494 ... LastLast