Page 479 of 494 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 4938

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BenT View Post
    It’s amazing they’re not standard actually, seeing as you get buzzers and hazard avoidance when in Parking Mode or whatever it’s called. Would be a good addition.
    I think a simple connection like that would drive you mad, as every time a car was in the blind spot position it would go off when you are just driving in normal traffic with other cars around and had no intention to change lanes. I would be looking for a buzzer that only went off if a car was in the blind spot position AND you put your blinker on to signal an intention to move into that car.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

does the new R has the audio sound for blind spot and reseve parking? cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    I think a simple connection like that would drive you mad, as every time a car was in the blind spot position it would go off when you are just driving in normal traffic with other cars around and had no intention to change lanes. I would be looking for a buzzer that only went off if a car was in the blind spot position AND you put your blinker on to signal an intention to move into that car.
    You could be right but for $3.68 for the buzzer I'd like to try it. There's probably a way to include the blinker-on mode and now you pointed it out, that's how I'd prefer it. Oh well, more research.

You caused me to check the Owner manual. It says the bs system only works at > 15 km/h & if being overtaken at a speed difference of < 10 km/h. I thought I'd mention those figures.
    Last edited by notaGolfR; 23-01-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    In the Discover Pro manual 2018, page41, under Route plan they show a symbol of 4 horizontal parallel linewhich means ”Shifting the intermediate destination” “Touch thesymbol in the list, hold it and shift.”

I have set a long route, across about athird of Australia, and want to diverge at one point along the wayfrom the route the system chose. From the description above, Ithought that symbol would be what I should use, but I cannot see it,nor can I drag the route on the map which would be handy.

Can anyone please explain.
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    You can set a waypoint.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    Posted in wrong thread, mods please delete.

LS
    Last edited by langs_sydney; 10-03-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by notaGolfR View Post
    In the Discover Pro manual 2018, page41, under Route plan they show a symbol of 4 horizontal parallel linewhich means ”Shifting the intermediate destination” “Touch thesymbol in the list, hold it and shift.”

I have set a long route, across about athird of Australia, and want to diverge at one point along the wayfrom the route the system chose. From the description above, Ithought that symbol would be what I should use, but I cannot see it,nor can I drag the route on the map which would be handy.

Can anyone please explain.
    It asks if you want to add a destination on the way in the trip planning mode as I did it when playing yesterday
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Tyre recommendations for the R

What are people using as replacements tyres for the R. I've done 23K and my ContiContactSport 5P are about half worn mostly driven easy with the occasional discreet fang. I find the Conti 5P's an excellent tyre I know there is now a ContiContactSport 6 and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and 4S are similar what experience have owners found with these tyres. As an aside I find the handling of the 7.5 R is pretty much foolproof I'm running a JB4 Map 0 stock most of the time Map 4 for when the opportunity permits around 250kW 485Nm absolutely flies but the stock platform and tyres handle this with ease in fact I would say the extra power gives the car more cornering agility basically pivot the car with throttle control and slight steering adjustment. Just super impressed by this platform.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

I recently changed my Conti 5P tyres for Michelin PS4S tyres. Much better wet grip with less understeer (Contis still had plenty of tread depth), PS4S a re slightly noisier on coarse aggregate, similar noise levels on smooth bitumen, PS4S are less crashy on sharp bumps (eg bridge joins).

I'd happily buy PS4S again. Conti 6 and GoodYear F1 Supersort are getting good reviews.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    I recently changed my Conti 5P tyres for Michelin PS4S tyres. Much better wet grip with less understeer (Contis still had plenty of tread depth), PS4S a re slightly noisier on coarse aggregate, similar noise levels on smooth bitumen, PS4S are less crashy on sharp bumps (eg bridge joins).

I'd happily buy PS4S again. Conti 6 and GoodYear F1 Supersort are getting good reviews.
    Yes PS4S are the higher spec but will wear a bit quicker than the PS4 I guess will see if there's feedback on the ContiSportContact 6, thanks.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Page 479 of 494 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489 ... LastLast