Page 464 of 495 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Do the back windows need to be tinted because they come with privacy glass anyway which is darker?
    I just had the front 2 windows tinted to match the rear glass.

Users Country Flag
    Privacy glass contains no UV protection, so tinting the rears makes sense if you've got people in the back.

I then added in blinds for junior in the back, so I ended up with a full black out look from the right angles.

Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread-capture-jpg

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Here's my new Grid R that I picked up last week to replace Marco the GTI Polo. Very happy with it.

Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread-20180907_172154_cropped-jpg

Very good ! Our blue Grid Wagon is coming tomorrow.
    RS
    R

Well, after 13 years of a GTI in my drive (1 Mk5 & 2 Mk6s) I am moving onto an R - ordered today and pick up in 3 weeks - DSG. White with everything bar the sunroof. It will still be kept company with my partner’s Polo.
    Mark 7.5 2018 White Golf R with Driver Assist & Dynaudio packages.
    Polo 77TSI White Comfortline DSG - partner drives
    We are a VW family

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi Crow View Post
    Well, after 13 years of a GTI in my drive (1 Mk5 & 2 Mk6s) I am moving onto an R - ordered today and pick up in 3 weeks - DSG. White with everything bar the sunroof. It will still be kept company with my partner’s Polo.
    Well done, mate. What was your problem with a sunroof ? (I'm not a fan, either)
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    Well done, mate. What was your problem with a sunroof ? (I'm not a fan, either)
    Was noisy when opened - needed at least two other windows open to stop the buffering sound. Partner also not a fan of direct sun into car especially on hot days. Found I didn’t use it much and certainly not enough to justify the cost. Also talking to the sales rep when buying the R, he stated even when closed it does make the car hotter inside. Besides I haven’t got enough hair to blow in the wind
    Mark 7.5 2018 White Golf R with Driver Assist & Dynaudio packages.
    Polo 77TSI White Comfortline DSG - partner drives
    We are a VW family

Users Country Flag
    Was noisy when opened - needed at least two other windows open to stop the buffering sound. Partner also not a fan of direct sun into car especially on hot days. Found I didn’t use it much and certainly not enough to justify the cost. Also talking to the sales rep when buying the R, he stated even when closed it does make the car hotter inside. Besides I haven’t got enough hair to blow in the wind
    My theory as well, i didnt order a sunroof. I rarely use the ones ive got in other cars.
    MY18 Golf R 7.5

Users Country Flag
    Also talking to the sales rep when buying the R, he stated even when closed it does make the car hotter inside.
    That's interesting. I would guess that is due to the panel being glass, and a large glass panel at that, which absorbs even more heat. I wish car makers would return to the steel panel sunroofs of old. The lass panels look like an afterthought and remind me of crappy aftermarket sunroofs from the 1970's and 1980's. The older style steel sunroofs look more integrated and are not susceptible to heat transfer.

Sunroofs are great in theory but not a deal breaker if one cannot get a car with them. At least two of my past cars have had a factory one. Although I never had any issues like leaks etc I found that with the wind buffeting I hardly every used them.

My current car does not have a sunroof and I don't miss it.

Maybe they need a golf Targa top with removable hard panels

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 464 of 495 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474 ... LastLast