Support VWWC

Page 320 of 495 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattaus View Post
    Came here to post this. Interesting result. Definitely paying more coin for the badge in this case, though if you were into tuning I imagine the RS3 would have a lot more headroom.
    One thing I know the RS3 nails is the exhaust. When that car is put into 'Dynamic' mode (equivalent to Race Mode in the VW R's) that car makes a ridiculous noise! Soundtrack if you will. Beethoven's unwritten symphony.
    Here's just one video,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EoH6xxs29M

I'd love to hear how the RS3 exhaust would sound on the 4 cylinder Golf R. Probably a bit to optimistic to be honest.

Users Country Flag
    ^kind of the sound of a golf R with the Milltek Non Resonated .I heard guy's R in person and it sounds amazing.

Users Country Flag
    So an R can beat an RS3 around a track. Anyone know of an A45 vs Golf R hot lap test?

Users Country Flag
    I don't recall any review of that type there is this one that basically gives the golf R as winner over the S3 and the A45 but more like money wise. don't forget to put the subtitles on

Users Country Flag
    Congrats to Harding Performance on winning the Motor Mag Tuner Challenge in nothing but a Stage 2 Golf 7R this year. Shows you don't need to spend a lot on the 7R to get an amazing car.

Users Country Flag
    you forgot to start your quote with the words Spoiler Alert, I kind of new that would be the result totally agree with you, there is not need to spend a lot stage 1 is pretty amazing it makes the car as fast as a Lamborguini Gallardo what more can you ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcrusader View Post
    Congrats to Harding Performance on winning the Motor Mag Tuner Challenge in nothing but a Stage 2 Golf 7R this year. Shows you don't need to spend a lot on the 7R to get an amazing car.

I'm very pleased with the R ,only done 2.5K's in it . Also pleased with the how much it can carry ,here it is loaded with my speaker project . The front baffles are 1.8m long . It would of been to tight a fit in the Mk6 .After my wife drove the R she's wants to trade here Mk6 Gti . She test drove the new Polo Gti and loved it .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread-r-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    here is a Golf R vs a WRX STI comparison made by common people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    If you unplug the Soundactor then you will hear the ring a ding ding ding wastegate/turbo rattle. You will still hear it with Soundactor on 100% but it's a lot less noticeable. IMO the rattle is more annoying then any fake sounds.
    Took a new r for a drive and can confirm no drone on the newer builds. Drone only there in race mode. But I think I heard what you said about the wastegate/turbo. Sounded like a metallic sound when I pressed the accelerator.

However I was fine with it and was about to change my gti pp to the R when the manager of the dealership came out and said the car would be 69k for the my16. Last week was quoted 63-4k drive away. This guy was so arrogant it completely turned me off a day I wanted to cancel my order for the gti too. He basically was saying how the other manager doest work here and he would never sell me the car for that price! I told him why are you jacking up the price now and he went on the offensive.

Went on to say how he knew what he was doing, even though charging me for the optional leather which comes standard on the my16.

Seriously wanted to punch the guy. Completely different from the manager I dealt with last week.

Can I cancel my order with them without losing my deposit?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GoGTI View Post
    Took a new r for a drive and can confirm no drone on the newer builds. Drone only there in race mode. But I think I heard what you said about the wastegate/turbo. Sounded like a metallic sound when I pressed the accelerator.

However I was fine with it and was about to change my gti pp to the R when the manager of the dealership came out and said the car would be 69k for the my16. Last week was quoted 63-4k drive away. This guy was so arrogant it completely turned me off a day I wanted to cancel my order for the gti too. He basically was saying how the other manager doest work here and he would never sell me the car for that price! I told him why are you jacking up the price now and he went on the offensive.

Went on to say how he knew what he was doing, even though charging me for the optional leather which comes standard on the my16.

Seriously wanted to punch the guy. Completely different from the manager I dealt with last week.

Can I cancel my order with them without losing my deposit?
    Depends on what your local state laws are but seriously doubt it - cooling off is usually a three day period only, and even then they have the right to retain an admin component. (Edit: I was referencing your local Vic laws).

Obviously a lot of dealers will still do it as a goodwill gesture, particularly if they won't have dramas selling the car ordered (and I'm sure a PP even with Santiagos will find a buyer), but given the way this dealer is carrying on that may be unlikely.

$69k lol? That's S3 money with options. Low 60s is the market for the R with options, give or take. I'm surprised we don't see cases of VW dealer rage on the news..
    Last edited by Dutch77; 09-08-2015 at 04:25 PM.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Page 320 of 495 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast