Support VWWC

Page 186 of 495 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    In Victoria the R is a probationary prohibited vehicle at 143KW/ton exceeding the 130KW/ton threshold.

I will probably be buying an R and it may very occasionally be handy for my P plater daughter to drive it, so I checked the rules.

Probationary Prohibited vehicle
    A vehicle that:
    has a power to mass ratio of greater than 130 kilowatts per tonne, or
    has an engine that has been modified to increase performance (other than a modification made by the manufacturer in the course of the manufacture of the vehicle).

Got me thinking the R's power output needs to be reduced from 206KW to 186KW for it to comply.

So lets say I get a switchable stage 1 tune when it becomes available that includes a "valet" program that reduces power to < 186kw or something less along with a certificate to say so.

Then with regard to the dual criteria:
    1) My R will have a power to mass ratio less than 130 kw per ton. Check.
    2) The engine has been specifically modified to decrease performance and the power to mass ratio to less than 130 kilowatts per tonne. Check.

So long as appropriate tune is in effect when she drives it then all is good. whaddyareckon??
    Just stick a couple of bags of cement in the back when she drives...

Seriously though I don't think you'll get away with it even if you do have a valet mode

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Yeah was just a thought.
    Can someone tell me what the RRP is for the optional sunroof. Not that I want it.
    Putting together a shopping spreadsheet. I see various "fully optioned" prices bandied about and I want to use them as a guide. So I need to reduce them by the amount for the sunroof which I don't need. Already have costs for DSG and DAP which I wan't and Leather which I may skip.
    Golf Mk6 118 TSI DSG |APR Stage I ECU Upgrade | HEX-USB+CAN

Users Country Flag
    Believe roof is $1,950, leather $3k, DAP $1k. Do your best to bargain away on roads. You may have more trouble finding an R without leather as many of the first batches were either loaded or more commonly packaged with DSG, leather and DAP.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by andrew7 View Post
    Believe roof is $1,950, leather $3k, DAP $1k. Do your best to bargain away on roads. You may have more trouble finding an R without leather as many of the first batches were either loaded or more commonly packaged with DSG, leather and DAP.
    Andrew, you are in Audi A3/S3 pricing mode for the sunroof. The Golf is $1,850 (and $3,150 for leather since you mentioned it).

Thanks for the $1850 and yep I had $3150 for the leather too. So I add the lot up, subtract 10% for corporate discount and whatever else I can wrangle. End up around at $59k "DSG fully optioned" on the road in Vic. Then I can subtract the bits I don't want. Rough. may or may not be achievable, but it is a starting point for me.

Users Country Flag
    Well spotted Mikey Logger you will find corporate discount for the R is 5%. Nothing to stop you negotiated well beyond it tho.

Re S3 pricing I've still gotta come to terms with te extra $10k spend (if you include the Performance Pack). Food for thought over the next week or so before I need to order another R or go for the 4 rings and that extra bit of luxe

Quote Originally Posted by andrew7 View Post
    The car braked within approximately 50 metres from the impact and the car did not career off into the trees etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by lambertia View Post
    The manual says that the front assist is not able to detect stationary objects or objects crossing the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    I doubt very much the car detected the cow at all. It would have reacted AFTER the impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by lambertia View Post
    Yes maybe it was the secondary impact braking thing. That's what it's designed to do isn't it - to stop the car going into the trees.
    Lambertia and Logger, regardless of what the owner's manual says, Andrew advised his car did brake before impact, which is not how the "Multi-collision brake" function works, where automatic controlled braking is triggered only once an initial collision has been detected by the airbag sensors.

Golf R Engine Inlet Manifold Cover

Has anybody bothered looking into sourcing the cover to hide the plastic inlet manifold of the Mk7 Golf R? This might be a RHD market omission only.

Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread-golfr_mk7_missingintakecover-jpgMk7 Golf R Discussion Thread-golfr19-jpg

..or perhaps something to do with airflow in colder climates?

Can someone point me to a photo of all the R colour options on actual cars so I can compare. The brochure swatches are hard to envisiage..

Page 186 of 495 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast