Page 39 of 495 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by samps View Post
    Has anyone spoken to AU dealers about first delivery dates for the new R?
    I would also like to know this as Darwin are pretty hopeless at finding these things out.
    To add though the brand new artilcle from wheels mag australia's website says that it is only going to be available in 5 door version with first cars arriving in April at a expected cost of below $55 000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon it will be 52ish + ORC taking it to ~60k OTR. Which should put it 5-10kish cheaper than an S3.

and probably lacking a few standard options/features found on the S3 to justify the price difference
    Last edited by Ryan_R; 28-01-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Would indeed be interesting to see how much it would be as it would be a better car than the mk6 R (minus the centre exhausts, I loved that about our R). Hence why we traded our R in early for a good price (10k more than what ppl were getting for their same new purchase priced GTIs) for the s3 with good discount.

However I think you really need to add the performance package (led lights, sport seats, nicer wheels, B&O) to differentiate the s3 from golf R. And of course adding this puts the price higher. If you don't desire those extra goodies then the R would still be value for money way to go.

We are paying high 60k for s3 with performance package and assistance package, which also has the side assist and blind spot stuff on top of the vw system. Plus free servicing for first 3 yrs made it that much easier.

Feel free to PM for my salesman and dealership

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    MY07 MKV GTI DSG CW 5dr Apr stg2 [gone]
    MY10 MKVI Golf R Reflex Silver DSG 5dr BLUEFIN MDI (dealer fitted). [gone]
    MY12 VW UP! baby blue 5dr
    Expecting MY14 Audi S3 SB White S-tronic

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by samps View Post
    Has anyone spoken to AU dealers about first delivery dates for the new R?
    I dropped in to my dealer today and asked, got two results from two different people... I got 2015, and MY2015 (early in the back end of 2014 I am surmising) sounds like two interpretations of the one memo...

I also got told that of their first allocation of 12 R's, six have been ordered pending pricing (ie can back out if not happy with the final price)... and wouldn't I want to join that exclusive opportunity to avoid being wait listed when the rush happens.

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FSI 220 View Post
    I dropped in to my dealer today and asked, got two results from two different people... I got 2015, and MY2015 (early in the back end of 2014 I am surmising) sounds like two interpretations of the one memo...

I also got told that of their first allocation of 12 R's, six have been ordered pending pricing (ie can back out if not happy with the final price)... and wouldn't I want to join that exclusive opportunity to avoid being wait listed when the rush happens.
    Do you mind me asking what dealer? I plan on going to my dealer tomorrow and asking about the R and wouldnt mind having that dealership as an example if they say they have no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Went to a different dealer to look at the GTI on saturday... here the answer was April... go figure....

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

$78k as tested? Ouch!

Users Country Flag

Don't forget that's NZ$, although we're not that far off parity these days .

Page 39 of 495 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast