Support VWWC

Page 494 of 494 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494
Results 4,931 to 4,938 of 4938

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RKTBOX View Post
    A1 are a killer team, Adam (the owner) is both a great bloke, but incredibly technically proficient.
    Seems you're right on both counts

Ended up with going Ecotune Stage 1 and resi delete this morning. Only a short drive home, but it packs much more mid-range.
    Last edited by bigfoot; 13-04-2023 at 01:18 PM.
    MY18 Golf 7.5R - Ecotune Stage 1
    Mazda RX2 - 13B Bridgeport GTX4202R

Users Country Flag
    You have to laugh:

Looking at tyres and came across contisportcontact 6 R01 for $295 and contisportcontact 6 M01 for $375. Same tyres but one is standard for Audi and the other for Mercedes
    MY18 Golf 7.5R - Ecotune Stage 1
    Mazda RX2 - 13B Bridgeport GTX4202R

Users Country Flag
    Mid life R crisis

Not being driven to upgrade to a MK8, I am left with my R 7.5 as it roles into it's 7th year, I decided to do a few upgrades. Here's what I've done. As an aside the car has only done 34K bit of a hobby in retirement.

1. Racingline subframe locking kit front and back.
    2. Alloy front subframe this is standard on most later VW Audi MQB including MK8 Golf
    3 Harding Performance spec Superpro alloy front LCA's
    4 Lithiumax battery.
    5. 034 Stage 1 ECU tune (self tune)
    6 DSC sport controller (replaces the OEM DCC controller)

Not cheap I've spent about 6.5K but into 7 years of ownership I'm blown away how this R has turned out.

1. Subframe locking kit got front and rear alignment spot on.
    2. Alloy front subframe is a revelation. Besides being stronger and 3kg weight saving. The big surprise was the huge drop in road NVH particularly on the R's 35 profile tyres. Note this subframe is standard on Golf 8 and Audi MQB vehicles for almost a decade.
    3.Alloy front LCA's 1.5kg weight saving 0.5 deg extra camber and 0.5 deg extra caster. Alignment now - Front negative 1 deg L and R caster 8 deg L and R and Rear camber negative 1.45 deg L and R
    4 Lithium battery 16kg weight saving.
    5. 034 Stage 1 ECU tune, I've been using it for 11 months and can highly recommend this, plus it's a self tune using the supplied 034 dongle and laptop or mobile phone app cable or bluetooth so easy to install or modify. They claim 275kW 520Nm it hasn't been on a dyno but the performance is super quick and smooth.
    6. This last item is a revelation the DSC sport controller while not cheap 2K and a bit had me concerned but having installed it the transformation is incredible and tuneable via a laptop. It replaces the OEM DCC controller but uses the 3 mode selection in the R.

How does the car drive, seriously quick and planted. Absolutely chalk and cheese to the stock R. With more than 20kg weight removed from the front end, gone is that heavy on rails feeling that the R is renowned for, safe but many described as boring but no more. Directional change improvement is very noticeable, turn in is faster lighter sharper just WOW. On top of that the car is quieter less NVH is a bonus. The DSC controller negates the need for stiffer springs or stiffer roll bars. All aspects relating suspension can be programed as required it's a revelation. I will see what the R 8.5 looks like but ATM super impressed by this car. It's amazing how much tech was on the R 7.5 still ahead of many cars on the road today. if you look at the aftermarket options available it's probably one of the best platforms out there as we transition to EV's.
    Last edited by rosslm; 17-01-2024 at 08:31 PM. Reason: typo
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    Are any of you manual guys running the Xtreme Clutch sprung organic twin disc clutch? (Model: KVW23698-2A)

What is the going rate for the 6 year/90k service?

VW is quoting just under $1000 and that feels expensive for what seems like a fairly basic service + Haldex oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by Matticus View Post
    What is the going rate for the 6 year/90k service?

VW is quoting just under $1000 and that feels expensive for what seems like a fairly basic service + Haldex oil change.
    I gave up on VW dealer servicing as they were always doing things and replacing parts that weren't due yet. Some things are time related, others are distance related, but my VW dealer ignored that and just did everything, whether it was due or not.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    GOLF waterpump leaks problem for YEARS ---why not solved
    This would have cost VW millions if under w'tee and more by way of reputation.
    Can any VW whistle-blowers insiders answer ?
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Has anyone been able to find good quality owners manual for the Golf MK7 in a PDF file? The official website is crap...

Page 494 of 494 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494