Support VWWC

Thread: Mk7 golf r

Mk7 golf r

Is there any way to find out what version of firmware / software my golf r DSG and ecu is running . It has always been serviced by private garages prior to my ownership and I’m curious to find out if there is a newer / updated software firmware available .

OBDEleven will show you this if you do a full scan.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Okay done . Any one work for vw and can tell me if there is a revision / updated software firmware available

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    Okay done . Any one work for vw and can tell me if there is a revision / updated software firmware available
    Well what have you got so they can tell if there is a later one??????
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hardware version h53
    Hardware number 02e927770aq

Software version 4516
    Software number 0d93000012l

Users Country Flag
    VW will only update if it is faulty under what you have so you are more or less stuck with what you have
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

It isn’t as clean down shifting from 4 to 3rd and sometimes into 2nd in d mode . Sport and manual mode it fine. Tuner friend said there might have been a software update to correct it . ( had the car a year and half and had always done it , never gotten worse , stayed the same )

Was more hoping someone might work for vw might be on here and say yea there is a software update for that . Or na you wasting your time seeing the local vw dealer

Users Country Flag

If you have a reasonable relationship with your local VW dealer, I'd suggest you go to them and ask them to check if there is a new version of the software. Most likely they will do it and update for you (likely at a cost) if you explain the symptoms. Try Austral VW in Breakfast Creek.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...