Support VWWC

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf Manual Clutch Issues, Discussion and Questions

Mk7 Golf Manual Clutch Issues, Discussion and Questions

Hey guys,

So my R has about 11k on it now and aside from the odd hit through a couple of gears the car is driven very lightly. I have noticed over the last 4k or so that the clutch engagement has risen to the very top of the pedal and the amount of bite is fairly lame.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am yet to take it in but I am thinking I am going to have to as it really takes away from the thrill when running through gears!

Mate, your clutch sounds very sick. Mine engages around half way through its stroke and has decent engagement for smooth shifting. Go and get it sorted.
    Last edited by Mikey1; 21-05-2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Q

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like a issue especially as there is no adjustment that can be done. So means something has broken, on its way to be broken or worn out and vw clutches last ages...very rare to change a clutch before at least 100,000km
    DARKHORSE DEVELOPMENTS
    BLUETOOTH KITS, REVERSE CAMERAS, SATNAV, UPGRADES/MODIFICATIONS, DIAGNOSTICS. ​0420839266
    BRISBANE/GOLDCOAST/IPSWICH
    www.facebook.com/Darkhorsedevelopments www.darkhorsedevelopments.com

Users Country Flag
    You should not be driving a new car gently. Just sayin..

Users Country Flag

Replacement Clutch (manual transmission)

Hi Guys, just thought id share the photos my mechanic sent me of my stock components after the car was slipping in 3rd gear full load. it would flare from 2k - red line on hard acceleration. from being unable to rev past 3k rpm i needed a fix. after many hours of reading, calling, emails back and forth i finally decided on the Southbend Stage 3 Daily. the peddle feel now, is amazing and feels how it should have come from factory. The kit also converted me from a Dual Mass Flywheel to a Single Mass Flywheel. Yes it is a bit noisy (had a HKS Twin Plate in my Evo, but i was assured it would handle a fair amount of punishment. I have attached images below, for your enjoyment.

ps; clutch had about 90% meat on it, but was heavily glazed. =[

Thanks

momo_

15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

Users Country Flag
    How's the clutch peddle feel? Much heavier?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by fung9420 View Post
    How's the clutch peddle feel? Much heavier?
    Yeah, much heavier! feels really good though, you wont get a sore leg, but it feels alot more mechanical! should have always come this way
    15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

What's the Stage 1 outputs compared to Stock? Find that odd that it's cooked so quickly!!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    What's the Stage 1 outputs compared to Stock? Find that odd that it's cooked so quickly!!!
    according to the papers, stock 206kw to about 290kw with an intake. im yet to Dyno the car, to see (wheel power)

it has been said that the 7R clutches are weaker than 6R which is a sad story..

[update: 2,000 ks complete, and the clutch is feeling amazing, grips and catches perfectly]
    15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

Did you purchase the Southbend clutch from the US or source locally?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast