Support VWWC

Page 1 of 334 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Hi Guys,

I've just had a chat to the guys at VW and they're saying that we might be getting a mechanical handbrake in the GTI for some reason... What are your opinions? any thoughts? The petition for the mechanical one starts here...

Mike
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Users Country Flag
    Electronic is easier to use (for ladies) and saves space
    but it means you can't upgrade to bigger brake calipers from the R32 or Touareg (as they use a cable)
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Electronic will be the way it all goes.
    There is no need for a manual/cable hand-brake.

I have not had any issue with my e-brake in the Tiguan and with the push to keep costs down they will want to standardise a lot of things so it will mean e-brakes all around.

Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    Electronic will be the way it all goes.
    There is no need for a manual/cable hand-brake.

I have not had any issue with my e-brake in the Tiguan and with the push to keep costs down they will want to standardise a lot of things so it will mean e-brakes all around.
    Handbrake turns anyone?
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Handbrake turns anyone?
    Does VW care for the 3 people who bought the car to do auto-cross/rally in?
    Or the millions of other people who bought it and wanted a cheaper car with more techy equipment.

Breaking news!!! We're not getting the performance pack nor the three door variants... More info soon!!! Very, very bad news!

Also, the car will be cheaper than before, the car will be definitely under 40k...

STANDARD EQUIPMENT:

We will get the 8 inch screen standard, Bluetooth phone and media connectivity, the electronic parking brake, bi-xenon headlights with dynamic light control and static cornering lamps, aluminium pedals, 17-inch ‘Brooklyn’ alloy wheels, the colour MFD and the ambience lighting package.

‘Clark’ tartan cloth is standard, with the Vienna (yawn) leather being an option. The Golf-ball style gearshift knob (manual models) is standard, a reversing camera is too. The 18-inch ‘Austin’ or 19-inch ‘Santiago’ alloy wheels are optional for now as is adaptive cruise control, sunroof, Dynaudio premium audio system and dynamic chassis control. BUT I REPEAT NO PERFORMANCE PACKAGE... For now, I'll keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by Golf7; 09-05-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Good to see reverse camera is now standard.

Doesn't surprise me that we don't get the 3 door or the performance pack as the target market here is very different to the rest of the world.

Users Country Flag
    Not worried about the handbrake, positive on the camera, not fussed on the three door as it's not for me.. but question the missing performance pack.

Happy to spend that money on other (after-market) goodies instead though.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    Doesn't surprise me that we don't get the 3 door or the performance pack as the target market here is very different to the rest of the world.
    What does that mean? I see a large number of 3 doors on the road. My wife has a 3 door MK6. The target market in Australia suggests that the GTI and R were pretty popular so I think the performance model will fit right in.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSlick View Post
    What does that mean? I see a large number of 3 doors on the road. My wife has a 3 door MK6. The target market in Australia suggests that the GTI and R were pretty popular so I think the performance model will fit right in.
    Most of the cars are sold in 5 door guise as people don't want to have to sell if/when they have kids.
    Also, people don't tend to look at the car's for performance figures otherwise they would be buying an XR6-T Ford.
    The GTI is now a nippy all round car and the performance pack would add no discernable difference so they are obviously saying you are better to remove it and just force people to upgrade to the K04 cars (R/Scirocco).

The same discussion came up in the Mk6 forum when the GTI was released.
    they are obviously saying if you want a 3 door sports hatch you have to upgrade to the R/Scirocco.

Page 1 of 334 1231151101 ... LastLast