Page 90 of 334 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyboy22 View Post
    Can some one please help me, with there not being many GTI around, if you order and it has to be built, is the normal process to revalue your car when the new one comes...

If this is the case, cant the dealer just give you a low offer the second time around?
    Went to my local dealer and saw 4 on the yard. Hardly think they are in short supply.
    Current ride: 2014 Range Rover Evoque 5 Door TD4 Pure | 9 Spd Auto | Fuji White | Black Leather | 19 inch 'Dynamic' Wheels

Previous rides: MY11.5 Golf GTI 5 door | DSG | Candy White | 18' Detriots | Bluetooth | K&N Air Filter | Dancing Dials (Oh Yeah!)
    | 1989 Porsche 944S2 Coupe| Guards Red| Leather| Sunroof| LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Finance_Analyst View Post
    Went to my local dealer and saw 4 on the yard. Hardly think they are in short supply.
    We'll if you don't want choose the color, spec ... I am sure you can get one...

Put if I thought like that I could go and buy a Camry

But I am being told a six month wait which is a build just to get a plain jane with bi xenons

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Finance_Analyst View Post
    More to the point VW volumes are down YTD with the bad media publicity so they should be more keen to move stock and increase volumes etc. so I dare say that dealers shouldn't be too arrogant, and head office have brought more stock in...
    Current ride: 2014 Range Rover Evoque 5 Door TD4 Pure | 9 Spd Auto | Fuji White | Black Leather | 19 inch 'Dynamic' Wheels

Previous rides: MY11.5 Golf GTI 5 door | DSG | Candy White | 18' Detriots | Bluetooth | K&N Air Filter | Dancing Dials (Oh Yeah!)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by irossiter View Post
    No mate, VW most definitely does not deliver Also thanks to VW's PR disaster in the last 6-12 months by not addressing multiple issues (whether they were beaten up rubbish by The Age or genuine problems) the resale value of our cars has plummeted and more than the general market. I CANNOT believe you are not bringing out optioned up GTI's in the first batch of cars coming here. My dealer is very embarrassed. I tried to compromise on options but he cannot find anything for 6-8 months and they'll only offer me $20 grand for a car barely 3 years old with minimal kms on it. And it would be re-valued in 6-8 months time for what, $15,000???
    Do you work in the PR department because VW has failed to keep a very loyal customer who has been trying to defend you on Facebook for months. I cannot believe the level of hatred directed towards your company and you've sat back and refused to address it.
    With success comes complacency
    wow thats scary, I was offered nearly a 1.3rd more for my gti but that was nearly one year ago. but it was also 3 years old but half the k's you have on yours and not as many options. but yeah I dare say the press hasnt been good of late. plus I traded before the new model was out. as soon as a new model is released the previous one is yesterdays news. everyone looking gets distracted by the new model on the floor rather than the 3 year old previous model cars collecting dust in the lot. personally I would get rid of it as soon as can. sooner the better. will only loose more value unfortunately !

ps as a tip if negotiating a trade and have a 6-8 month wait for the new car. you can lock in a price. I did. it is possible. just hold your ground and ask them to lock in a trade in price assuming car will be in same condition in 6 months time, they can take a 100 photos if want and kms they can assume increase at same rate as you have been driving so far. ie lock in a cap on K's when comes to trade it it. it is possible
    Last edited by alebonau; 07-10-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

Quote Originally Posted by alebonau View Post

ps as a tip if negotiating a trade and have a 6-8 month wait for the new car. you can lock in a price. I did. it is possible. just hold your ground and ask them to lock in a trade in price assuming car will be in same condition in 6 months time, they can take a 100 photos if want and kms they can assume increase at same rate as you have been driving so far. ie lock in a cap on K's when comes to trade it it. it is possible
    Thanks for the tip, with the price you got quoted was that less then what red book was offering or on Par?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeyboy22 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, with the price you got quoted was that less then what red book was offering or on Par?
    From memory was $1000 more than the top end of redbook. Keep in mind redbook doesn't really taken in value of options and works on fairly reasonable annual k's. And that said redbook has dropped considerably too, but that as mentioned could be to do with the mk 6 now superseded and the recent bad press. When the demand isn't there for whatever reason redbook means jack. My car I had before the gti, was low k's mint Citroen but with gfc at time and Citroen resale best could do was sell well under redbook. You can only get what someone willing to pay. Sometimes have to cut your losses
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
    From memory was $1000 more than the top end of redbook. Keep in mind redbook doesn't really taken in value of options and works on fairly reasonable annual k's. And that said redbook has dropped considerably too, but that as mentioned could be to do with the mk 6 now superseded and the recent bad press. When the demand isn't there for whatever reason redbook means jack. My car I had before the gti, was low k's mint Citroen but with gfc at time and Citroen resale best could do was sell well under redbook. You can only get what someone willing to pay. Sometimes have to cut your losses
    Unfortunately options don't add to squat come trade in time. No one pays the full $ value for them, hence why buy the most basic one possible. You pay $5k extra for leather and sat nav, lose it come trade in time.....

These are the alcantara trimmed seats in the PP model (i think)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread-volkswagen_golf_gti_mk7_driven_097-850x1280-jpg  

Saw one in the flesh today when I sent my Tiguan for a service.

I do like the color MFD

Local sales guys have not had their training yet. He didn't think Adaptive Suspension was included.

And the PP pack does seem quite a nice package. Don't think I'll need to option anything else. Dynaudio and Discover Pro might be a nice to have but they aren't critical.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
    Saw one in the flesh today when I sent my Tiguan for a service.

I do like the color MFD

Local sales guys have not had their training yet. He didn't think Adaptive Suspension was included.

And the PP pack does seem quite a nice package. Don't think I'll need to option anything else. Dynaudio and Discover Pro might be a nice to have but they aren't critical.
    The biggest shame about having no discover pro is that it may not be possible to retrofit one. I know going up to an rns-510 was always a nice upgrade for older cars.

Also the rns-510 has a higher res screen than whats standard in the golf 7!
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Page 90 of 334 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast