Support VWWC

Page 50 of 334 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    Get used to it as the AUD drops against the AUD and Euro. Manufacturers can't keep developing new chassis. engines etc and not raise the price at some stage. Even ford raised the price of the ST over the previous XR5.

Conversely, the price of the GTI has been pretty stable in this country for 5+yrs.
    Australian$ exchange rate is actually better today than it was in 2009 when MK6 GTI wasreleased – and that is when contract between VWA and VW AG are sighned. – beginningof the supply cicly.
    Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread-forex-png

My 2010 5 door Golf GTI (DSG) with:

DCC
    Bi Xenons
    Park Assist (f & r sensors)
    Window Tint
    18" Wheels
    MDI + cable

, cost me 50K exactly. So prices have not really gone up at all given the level of standard equipment on the Golf 7 GTI. Having said that, most dealers usually negotiate downwards by around 7-10% of rrp depending on spec level, so there could be room for further discounting. I guess the PP GTI adds another 1.5 - 2.0K to the list price, making the Golf 7 GTI not so cheap compared to other hot-hatches or premium hatches for that matter. Esp. when VW have failed to rid the Golf from turbo waste-gate rattles or interior plastic squeaks. I thought VW Aus would've kept the DCC damper option as std kit for the PP GTI only with passive dampers for the std GTI to keep the price down on the std model only, with a greater premium added to the PP GTI than just only the LSD & larger diameter front brakes (both of which add weight btw (32kgs)). I guess having a narrow option list & price band adds in favour to plenty of stock availability for customers that are shopping in newly created higher price range of the Golf 7 GTI.

Regards
    WJ
    Last edited by WhiteJames; 05-09-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    any importer has to set price hedging on what might be nominal exchange rate over life cycle of a new model. as per the previous poster can see what goes up must come down and tends to average out someplace in-between which is what they hedge on. they cant bump prices up and down with exchange rate tends to spook buyers and existing owners and does nothing for resale which is a factor for a lot of people.

I wouldnt get too stressed re price till actually formally anounced till then its just second guessing and going on rumours press articles etc
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

I guess a some of us were expecting a cheaper GTI due to certain posts by Golf7 and also the cheaper Audi S3. If a GTI PE is ~50k and an S3 is is 59k, then where does the R fit in. The obvious answer would be in the middle but maybe not this time. The S3 only has one optional package for $5k, so maybe the R will come with loads of stuff as standard and try to justify a price tag about the same as the S3. If it has the Discover Pro there won't be much to separate the cars besides perceived brand value.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    I guess a some of us were expecting a cheaper GTI due to certain posts by Golf7 and also the cheaper Audi S3. If a GTI PE is ~50k and an S3 is is 59k, then where does the R fit in. The obvious answer would be in the middle but maybe not this time. The S3 only has one optional package for $5k, so maybe the R will come with loads of stuff as standard and try to justify a price tag about the same as the S3. If it has the Discover Pro there won't be much to separate the cars besides perceived brand value.
    Very little space for the Rocco R too ($48K Man, 50.5K DSG w/o orc), but I guess it can co-exsist with no GTI 3dr

Discover pro isn't available yet but I think it'll sneak in as a MY change in a year or two
    Last edited by readerr0r; 05-09-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
    Also it also begs the question: how do Merc BMW and Audi get to lower prices then?
    They aren't. The A250 is 50K+ORC, BMW 125i = 47.5K +ORC

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    They aren't. The A250 is 50K+ORC, BMW 125i = 47.5K +ORC
    I believe his angle was they're cheaper than their previous models, the old 125i was 55.4K, now it's 46.1K. S3 was 71.2K, new one will be 59.9K
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    I guess a some of us were expecting a cheaper GTI due to certain posts by Golf7 and also the cheaper Audi S3.
    +1 Where is the R gonna sit with the supposedly 'moderate price cut'?
    MkVI Golf GTI | Candy White | DSG | Leather | Bi-xenon | Sunroof | Dynaudio | Park Assist | MDI | Tint | FINALLY RECEIVED!!

Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    I believe his angle was they're cheaper than their previous models, the old 125i was 55.4K, now it's 46.1K. S3 was 71.2K, new one will be 59.9K
    Thanks. Exactly.

And they aren't poverty pack configs either.

Users Country Flag

Re: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Yes very much so

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Page 50 of 334 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast