Page 325 of 334 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3333

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nabelon View Post
    Nice, do tell me when you get your car, how much of an upgrade in handlig it is. I test drive a mk7 gti the other day, did not feel like a huge upgrade to me. So im contemplating on wheter i should make the leap or not.
    Go the R.. game set match compared with the others. Add a JB4 and be profoundly blown away how good it is. Chances are you will never have experienced anything like it over twisty bumpy mountain roads. Truly impressive real world performance cars that you can commute to work in...

Interesting article on the new MY19 GTI. $5k in additional options for $1k price increase:

Price whack for 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI - motoring.com.au

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Picked up my new GTI on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning a lady reversed into it... **** my life.

Users Country Flag
    Damn thats sucks
    Is the damage bad?

Users Country Flag
    Not to bad, bit of paint taken of and pushed in. Getting a quote from a smash repair place to see if it's worth going through insurance or not.
    Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread-e20180801_091628-jpg

Bye, bye, manual GTI due to low sales.

But it's self-fulfilling prophecy. Most of the inventory is specified by dealers who believe no one wants a manual so they specify a preponderance - 90% - of manuals. Faced with the choice of a DSG or their preferred manual, many buyers can be sold on the DSG, but you can never sell a manual to an auto buyer especially if they cannot drive or are unlicensed to drive a manual.

So the DSG covers all of the auto buyers and some of the manual buyers. But a smart dealer would have cornered the market in manual GTI's and enjoyed the margin from not having to discount to a committed manual buyer.

But no, they have over-ordered DSG's because they know they can sell them and skewed the long-running statistic that GTI buyers were 20% manual. It is a driver-oriented car, after all.

When VW can produce a DSG that is not routinely reported in the press as being "a bit jerky in traffic", is as reliable and engaging to drive as a manual, perhaps VW could consider eliminating manual transmission from that is ostensibly a driver-oriented car.

The day I choose an "auto" will be the day I buy an electric car.
    Last edited by Arnold; 06-08-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    If the answer to the Monty Hall problem was 50/50, the contestant, on average, would win the car 50% of the time simply by sticking with their original guess...but you can only win a one-in-three guessing game 33.33% of the time so it can't be 50/50, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    Bye, bye, manual GTI due to low sales.

But it's self-fulfilling prophecy. Most of the inventory is specified by dealers who believe no one wants a manual so they specify a preponderance - 90% - of manuals. Faced with the choice of a DSG or their preferred manual, many buyers can be sold on the DSG, but you can never sell a manual to an auto buyer especially if they cannot drive or are unlicensed to drive a manual.

So the DSG covers all of the auto buyers and some of the manual buyers. But a smart dealer would have cornered the market in manual GTI's and enjoyed the margin from not having to discount to a committed manual buyer.

But no, they have over-ordered DSG's because they know they can sell them and skewed the long-running statistic that GTI buyers were 20% manual. It is a driver-oriented car, after all.

When VW can produce a DSG that is not routinely reported in the press as being "a bit jerky in traffic", is as reliable and engaging to drive as a manual, perhaps VW could consider eliminating manual transmission from that is ostensibly a driver-oriented car.

The day I choose an "auto" will be the day I buy an electric car.
    I have always been puzzled by that, maybe VW should insist in teaching them to drive properly.

Quote Originally Posted by dafin0 View Post
    Not to bad, bit of paint taken of and pushed in. Getting a quote from a smash repair place to see if it's worth going through insurance or not.
    Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread-e20180801_091628-jpg
    R/R n/side guard; paint guard, bonnet, n/side front door; blend into rear n/side door; refit guard, supply and fit GTI badge ... $12000 should stop it.
    If the answer to the Monty Hall problem was 50/50, the contestant, on average, would win the car 50% of the time simply by sticking with their original guess...but you can only win a one-in-three guessing game 33.33% of the time so it can't be 50/50, can it?

Users Country Flag
    Try paint-less dent repair and then touch up the paint fleck. Maybe a nice GTI or Ferrari badge sticker on the paint fleck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Your taking it better than i would
    I would be furious steam coming out of my ears ...
    Not that it would help but yeah
    Good luck with getting a reasonable quote to fix it

Page 325 of 334 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327 ... LastLast