Page 248 of 334 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3333

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

I have had my GTI PP for nearly 4 months, and have done around 2800km, about a month into ownership I noticed a metallic sounding 'rattle' when accelerating under load coming the engine bay. Soliatre had the car for a day and believed the sound was from the gearbox. They took diagnostic readings and sent them off to VW Aust, when I picked the car up they informed me they just received a response from VW Aust - replace with new gearbox and metatronic unit! Hats of to VW Aust, maybe they are finally getting the message.

Today I picked up my GTI with its new gearbox and associated components. So far in the limited driving today, it sounds a lot quieter.
    I also have been experiencing another intermittent rattle from behind the instrument cluster, - sounds like a Geiger counter, really annoying, said that was from a loose plenum chamber. Being intermittent I won't know if it is fixed.

That said I'm back at the dealer tomorrow morning, upon reassembling the subframe, somehow my steering wheel is now offset, hopefully a quick adjustment to the tie rods should sort it out. Also, I noticed my air box is all scratched up from their tools, guess I should get that replaced too- sounds pedantic, but it went in without a mark on it.

Quote Originally Posted by aj555 View Post
    I also have been experiencing another intermittent rattle from behind the instrument cluster, - sounds like a Geiger counter, really annoying, said that was from a loose plenum chamber. Being intermittent I won't know if it is fixed.
    do you get that mostly when coasting? Was it them or you that said it was a loose plenum chamber?

Users Country Flag
    Had my new GTI (June) in to fix the trim on the rear window, which was detaching. Service guy who signs you in saw that mine was a manual, and said - oh these are rare, most are auto these days- you wont be having any of those DSG issues.

Hmmmm
    MkVII Golf GTI | Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    do you get that mostly when coasting? Was it them or you that said it was a loose plenum chamber?
    I would get it around 2500rpm under acceleration - I posted a you tube clip in the R tread.
    They said it was the plenum chamber. Because it is intermittent I won't know for sure if it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2browndogs View Post
    Had my new GTI (June) in to fix the trim on the rear window, which was detaching. Service guy who signs you in saw that mine was a manual, and said - oh these are rare, most are auto these days- you wont be having any of those DSG issues.

Hmmmm
    I had a 7sp dsg on my Audi, nothing but trouble, 2 clutch packs and metatronic unit, under 30,000km.

I had a 7sp dsg on my Audi, nothing but trouble, 2 clutch packs and metatronic unit, under 30,000km.
    7 speed is the problem

The 6 has significantly less issues
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black

I have had my GTI PP for nearly 4 months, and have done around 2800km, about a month into ownership I noticed a metallic sounding 'rattle' when accelerating under load coming the engine bay. Soliatre had the car for a day and believed the sound was from the gearbox. They took diagnostic readings and sent them off to VW Aust, when I picked the car up they informed me they just received a response from VW Aust - replace with new gearbox and metatronic unit! Hats of to VW Aust, maybe they are finally getting the message.

Today I picked up my GTI with its new gearbox and associated components. So far in the limited driving today, it sounds a lot quieter.

That said I'm back at the dealer tomorrow morning, upon reassembling the subframe, somehow my steering wheel is now offset, hopefully a quick adjustment to the tie rods should sort it out. Also, I noticed my air box is all scratched up from their tools, guess I should get that replaced too- sounds pedantic, but it went in without a mark on it.
    I've had the same things. All intermittent which is most annoying to get it demonstrated. Mine is going into Solitaire soon for a few days just so they have time to hopefully replicate them.
    Last edited by dening; 25-10-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dening View Post
    I've had the same things. All intermittent which is most annoying to get it demonstrated. Mine is going into Solitaire soon for a few days just so they have time to hopefully replicate them.
    PM me and I'll give you the name of who to deal with at Solitare as he was most helpful.

Users Country Flag

Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

I took a gamble with my car today, went in for service with the tune still on. They couldn't find any fault code as I asked them to do a full system check. Looks like warranty is still on!!

Edit: my traffic function still works. And they gave my car a full clean, really happy with it.
    Last edited by wasabiz; 27-10-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    GTI PP Mk7
    My grandma used to say...

30 Days into ownership and must say after many years driving 170+ KW AWD diesel Touareg's I find wheel spin on pull away quite annoying.
    Any tips on how to drive around the issue without compromising performance......................practice I guess?
    Now : Touareg CR Launch 190kW | Innovision | Pure white
    Sold on : Audi A6, Audi A4, Touareg 7L & 7P (all V6 3.0 TDi) + Golf GTI PP

Page 248 of 334 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast