Support VWWC

Page 143 of 334 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3331

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Wow, does seem like white is a very popular colour.
    I can relate to dirtiness of "dark coloured" cars as my carbon steel colour does get dirty pretty quickly although it ain't that bad as black by the sounds of it.

Hrmm still very undecided on colour, test driving tomorrow and then starting to splash out numbers after that with dealers.
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

i picked white because the darker colours hid the lines of the new model. The silver/red GTI's are also the harder ones to sell. Black/White/Dark Grey are the safer colours IMO

My MK5 GTI was black, easy to clean once the right preparation had been put into it
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black

My mk5 was red and was relatively easy to clean. Just had to watch for swirls a bit. My white polo GTI is a pain due to all the soot from the 1.4 and it seems to show up stains from tree leaves. It comes off but is a pain. Don't have to watch for swirls much.

Looking to upgrade soon back to a Golf and will be getting red again unless I can convince wifey to get an R

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Season 21 of TopGear starts on Feb 2 (in the UK). One of the episodes will review the Mk7 GTI (probably not the biggest surprise given what Jeremy thinks of it so far).

We’re back! A sneak preview of series 21 - BBC Top Gear

Users Country Flag
    For the benefit of those who have never had black before, (like me until recently - how bad could it be???) please understand that you almost need to be a self flaggelating sado to pick that colour.... I would rather chew my arm off at the elbow than ever have a black car again...

If black is your thing, and you park it under cover at home and work and want to wash it every week then by all means... black when clean and polished is the most awesome thing... but for me, as I start trying to convince my wife that she really needs a turbo to trundle around town (it is her car that is "up"), whatever it is ... it aint going to be black....

Even with the slickest coating easy to clean when you can only get to it once a month (if that) is relative, it is how gawd awful it looks for the back half of that month...

So what are all the plausible, logical arguments supporting getting a GTI over a 2014 Mazda 3 SP25 GT?

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Quote Originally Posted by FSI 220 View Post

So what are all the plausible, logical arguments supporting getting a GTI over a 2014 Mazda 3 SP25 GT?
    For me the biggest two are size and fuel economy.

The Mazda is long and thirsty.

I can't comment on anything else as I haven't driven a Mazda 3 since 2006 when I decided to get a mk5 gti over the Sp23 at the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I haven't driven the Mazda since 2010, didn't like the interior, the thirsty 2.3/2.5L engine, and the smirky-looking front bumper. I did like how instant the throttle response was though.

Users Country Flag
    Nah, not the current Mazda 3 jobbie, the one that is out next month (a case of honey I shrunk the Kodo 6 sedan) it has got a tonne of kit, skips two generations, is lighter and the 2.5 is direct injection high comp skyactive (fuel econ covered, but below 10 and I am happy)... that is the car she wants... I would prefer something that goes harder though (if there were only an MPS version...)

Problem is a loaded 3 equals povo GTI in dollar terms, I am buying it but she will commute in it, I get it on weekends. I miss my old 3.6l passat and am feeling the tug of the vee wee...

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

I was umming and arring over the colour but after seeing a red, white and carbon steel and black I decided to go with carbon steel. It is the colour I currently have and I think it is a great colour and side by side to the white I think it looks just as good.
    The Red gril and the red side gti badges really stand out
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Users Country Flag

For those of you who are already driving the new gti, what brand of tyres did your car come with?
    Current: Mk7 GTI, DSG, White, Leather, Driver assist, Sunroof, Xenons
    Previous: MY10 Golf 118 tsi, Candy White, Sports Pack, Corn Leather, MDI.

Page 143 of 334 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast