Page 334 of 334 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334
Results 3,331 to 3,333 of 3333

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

I remember your wheel, it's nice too, and VERY different to the standard wheel, it's like night and day.

I was not fully in the market but I got into a group buy and decided to put an order in. The core was supplied as well.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    You know how the matting fabric on the underside of the bonnet shrinks and falls down (and BTW VW refused to replace mine under w'tee) ,,

weeeelll a similar-looking fabric in my rear wheel arches is doing the same. Unfortunately, I only noticed it yesterday and my w'tee has expired. I don't think it will fall down but it has shrunk.

Anyway, this has left a gap at the edge where the fabric should meet the bodywork, and high-pressure rainwater and mud would be injected behind the fabric. I reckon it might remain there and possibly cause problems like rust.
    I've become unable to mess about to see what gives behind the fabric.

What do you think?
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag

Golf underbody maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by notaGolfR View Post
    You know how the matting fabric on the underside of the bonnet shrinks and falls down (and BTW VW refused to replace mine under w'tee) ,,

weeeelll a similar-looking fabric in my rear wheel arches is doing the same. Unfortunately, I only noticed it yesterday and my w'tee has expired. I don't think it will fall down but it has shrunk.

Anyway, this has left a gap at the edge where the fabric should meet the bodywork, and high-pressure rainwater and mud would be injected behind the fabric. I reckon it might remain there and possibly cause problems like rust.
    I've become unable to mess about to see what gives behind the fabric.

What do you think?
    Checkout volkswizard he discribes this procedure.

MK7 VW GOLF RUST ISSUES + HOW TO PROTECT YOURS #golf7 #mk7golf - YouTube
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Page 334 of 334 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334