Page 321 of 334 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3331

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Hey PantheraLeo, see below:

1. Is there a mod in existence for the front number plate backing?

I assume you mean the Euro plate holder delete. If so, yes and it's pretty straightforward:

* There are 5 plastic rivets that hold it on (1 in each corner and 1 in the centre behind the plate). Push out the centres with a screwdriver. If you have an R, you might have to drill the centre out (as I had to).

* Fill the holes with something. The simplest (but not cheapest) approach is to buy Bumper Plugs. These guys will sell you the correct VW paint collier, painted plugs.

* You may need to pack the plug shaft to make it fit snugly as the hole is likely to be a bit too wide. I just put a dot of Superglue behind mine instead.

* Re-mount your licence plate on the bumper. I drilled a pilot hole to line my plate up properly and then re-used the original plate mounting screws.

2. Apple car play: this can only be used via the USB socket and not via Bluetooth?

The 7.0 cars are USB from the front socket only. I thought I'd read that the 7.5 cars were wireless CarPlay but don't quote me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Hi all
    First time posting here in the mk7 arena =)
    Quick request: Does anyone here have the 2014 copy of the Golf brochure? Either soft copy pdf or hard copy would be sweet.

I'm specifically after the stock GTI. At one stage for the Mk6, they had a separate brochure for the GTI (and R) prior to merging it all with the rest of the range. Not sure if they did this too for the mk7.

Cheers!
    captain courteous enjoys vag

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Courteous View Post
    Hi all
    First time posting here in the mk7 arena =)
    Quick request: Does anyone here have the 2014 copy of the Golf brochure? Either soft copy pdf or hard copy would be sweet.

I'm specifically after the stock GTI. At one stage for the Mk6, they had a separate brochure for the GTI (and R) prior to merging it all with the rest of the range. Not sure if they did this too for the mk7.

Cheers!
    Golf Performance Brochure 2014 - This what you want?
    Dropbox - golf-performance-my14-web.pdf

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlock View Post
    Hey PantheraLeo, see below:

1. Is there a mod in existence for the front number plate backing?

I assume you mean the Euro plate holder delete. If so, yes and it's pretty straightforward:

* There are 5 plastic rivets that hold it on (1 in each corner and 1 in the centre behind the plate). Push out the centres with a screwdriver. If you have an R, you might have to drill the centre out (as I had to).

* Fill the holes with something. The simplest (but not cheapest) approach is to buy Bumper Plugs. These guys will sell you the correct VW paint collier, painted plugs.

* You may need to pack the plug shaft to make it fit snugly as the hole is likely to be a bit too wide. I just put a dot of Superglue behind mine instead.

* Re-mount your licence plate on the bumper. I drilled a pilot hole to line my plate up properly and then re-used the original plate mounting screws.

2. Apple car play: this can only be used via the USB socket and not via Bluetooth?

The 7.0 cars are USB from the front socket only. I thought I'd read that the 7.5 cars were wireless CarPlay but don't quote me.

Thanks Mattlock....who are "these guys" though?

Edit: found it
    Last edited by PantheraLeo; 07-09-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PantheraLeo View Post
    Thanks Mattlock....who are "these guys" though?
    Bumper Plugs - a product from a US-based company.

MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Quote Originally Posted by TJG View Post
    Golf Performance Brochure 2014 - This what you want?
    Dropbox - golf-performance-my14-web.pdf
    Mate, yes! Thank you. Bloody legend.
    captain courteous enjoys vag

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger and ordering a new GTI. It will be my first, and a nice step forward from my 2006 2.0 TDI (which I have loved, but which is getting long in the tooth).

Wife insists on leather, so that means I'll need to get the luxury pack
    However, I'm still undecided on the Infotainment & the Driver Assist Pack. Any views out there on whether they are 'must haves'? I've never used Adaptive Cruise Control so I'm not sure if the DAP is something maybe I won't miss if I don't get it? The big screen and improved connectivity sounds nice in the Infotainment pack, but also sounds like the sort of thing that might cause dramas as the car gets older? What do you guys think?

Users Country Flag
    I love the adaptive cruise control, I used to never use cruise but now I use it more, I had leather with my mk6 GTI but gone back to cloth with the R, I’ll never get leather again. Very hot here in Queensland and unless you are always treating it, it can look old quickly and is noisy with it creeping. Cloth hugs you and keeps you planted in the seat when cornering at speed, leather was a little slippy. Obdeleven is a must. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    Hi all, I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger and ordering a new GTI. It will be my first, and a nice step forward from my 2006 2.0 TDI (which I have loved, but which is getting long in the tooth).

Wife insists on leather, so that means I'll need to get the luxury pack
    However, I'm still undecided on the Infotainment & the Driver Assist Pack. Any views out there on whether they are 'must haves'? I've never used Adaptive Cruise Control so I'm not sure if the DAP is something maybe I won't miss if I don't get it? The big screen and improved connectivity sounds nice in the Infotainment pack, but also sounds like the sort of thing that might cause dramas as the car gets older? What do you guys think?

To be honest both packs are a must have i have both in my car and love em to bits

But if it's only 1 that you can have get the drivers assist package the adaptive cruise is so good in heavy traffic
    My daughter drove my new vw last weekend for the 1st time as soon as i showed her how it works she fell in love with it and used it for 90% of our 3 hour drive now she wants a new 7.5 with dap lol
    Also the drivers screen is great to look at and use 200% better at least than analogue dials! Plus it makes the car feel like it comes from a 100k plus price range

For the infotainment pack if you like your music the stereo is really good really really good and the 9.2 inch touch screen is large and after a getting to know it period is really good

It does collect fingerprints tho keep a microfiber cloth within easy reach for quick cleaning

But both packs are well worth the cash i am very happy i spent the extra to get them they are what make the 7.5 a standout
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag

I'd suggest if you don't really care for the new screen/infotainment then picking up a low mileage Mk7 GTI would probably be better value - although I think the new one is a great face-lift.

As for the leather, it's not the world's greatest (Audi nappa has got it covered) but I'd struggle buying a decently priced car without it today; I understand the Queenslanders argue it gets too hot but having run leather through a few (much hotter) Adelaide summers there was no issue at all.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Page 321 of 334 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast