Support VWWC

Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Anyone want to know more?
    Yep, the final spec please. I appreciate your enthusiasm but you state "We're not getting the performance pack". Carsales says they are working on it. They say we aren't getting the 3 door which many of us probably suspected anyway.

None of us can state what will actually be available here in Aus at this stage.

Even reading the quotes on Carsales, assuming they are word for word (which is also a big assumption) they then go ahead and assume that the 5 door will be cheaper than the current 3 door. Is that what VW actually said? It sounds like they actually said no 3 door... then later on that pricing will be level with or lower than the current variant. Now I see "Variant" as the current 5 door. But hey that doesn't make for a good story so let's put 1 and 1 together and make it 3 just for the headline.

It sounds like they got all you motoring journos together, took your feedback and then did the complete opposite. I'm indifferent to the handbrake, the lack of alcantara trim is slightly disappointing but the lack of an ediff is unforgivable

I will cancel my preorder if this transpires

Also, it's easy to make a car cheaper if you get rid of equipment that is meant to be standard, like DCC (not ACC) and 18" wheels

That carsales.com.au article says we get the ebrake, RVC is an option and the 8" screen is one of the options. So many inconsistencies!!

Users Country Flag

...the car will be cheaper than before, the car will be definitely under 40k...
    So, at the current exchange rate A$40K = ~NZ$48,500, so we can look forward to a sub-NZ$50K Golf GTI...yeah, right. I'd be surprised if they come in under NZ55K over here. Current base model is NZ$58,500 + ORCs.

To all those lovely people out there who really appreciate that I'm sharing this stuff and are so grateful, here is what i just found:

http://http://www.carsales.com.au/ne...nder-40k-36495

Anyone want to know more?
    I think we are grateful but you ave to admit the story keeps changing ....

so we still getting 8 inch nav standard .... What else do you have to share ...

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyboy22 View Post
    I think we are grateful but you ave to admit the story keeps changing ....

so we still getting 8 inch nav standard .... What else do you have to share ...
    Guys, at this stage nothing is settled, I'm trying my best to give everyone as much up-to-date precise information as I can. The 8 inch from what I heard is standard. All that I know is that VW Australia are mucking around as usual. And if you want to have 100% certainty, then you'll have to wait until the specs are given to you in 3 months... Anything new that I find out, I'll share...
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    It sounds like they got all you motoring journos together, took your feedback and then did the complete opposite. I'm indifferent to the handbrake, the lack of alcantara trim is slightly disappointing but the lack of an ediff is unforgivable

I will cancel my preorder if this transpires

Also, it's easy to make a car cheaper if you get rid of equipment that is meant to be standard, like DCC (not ACC) and 18" wheels
    I know, they just chucked ALL of our views and opinions out the window... Mega weird.
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Information I've gleaned so far from North America is that the lower spec non-PP Golf GTI would be going to the North American market. This includes missing out on a few options like DCC. It has also been suggested that the Mark 7 Golf GTI for the North American market may be assembled or even built and assembled in the USA/Mexico ... this would make the price more competitive for the North American market .. and due to to AUD/USD exchange rate and USA/AUS free trade agreement (no 5% import tax) ... it would be beneficial for AUS to source the standard non-PP Golf GTI from the States and the PP-Golf GTI from Europe. This would also explain the larger than normal price differential between the USA built GTI and Euro built GTI ... just putting it out there?
    Cheers.
    WJ

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteJames View Post
    ... it would be beneficial for AUS to source the standard non-PP Golf GTI from the States and the PP-Golf GTI from Europe. This would also explain the larger than normal price differential between the USA built GTI and Euro built GTI ...
    Interesting take.. if that ever came to fruition and I was looking at a mk7 GTI I'd be waiting for my Euro PP then.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

I doubt they'd build cars in RHD in Mexico for a market as small as ours. Doesn't save much on transport either

Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast