Support VWWC

Page 2 of 334 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSlick View Post
    What does that mean? I see a large number of 3 doors on the road. My wife has a 3 door MK6. The target market in Australia suggests that the GTI and R were pretty popular so I think the performance model will fit right in.
    Absolutely right, some people here have no idea what they are saying on here... The Performance Pack MUST be offered. I can't believe the people that I was talking to said that the car won't have it... I hope they're wrong... My word, I hope they're wrong...
    Last edited by Golf7; 09-05-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Absolutely right, some people here have no idea what they are saying on here... The Performance Pack MUST be offered. I can't believe the people that I was talking to said that the car won't have it... I hope they're wrong... My word, I hope they're wrong...
    Why must it be offered.
    The GTI has more than enough power for day to day use, if people want more they can upgrade to the R/Scirocco.

You also have to bear in mind that it would have to be more than a 10% increase in power before you could even feel it.

Didn't care so much about the 10% power dif but I did want the ediff. Wouldn't surprise me that VWA want to force more people into an R but given how popular the GTI is here compared to the rest of the world I'd have figured the performance pack would suit us quite well. Certainly would be cheaper to get the PP rather than upgrade to an R.

I'd be happy with the electric handbrake having test-driven a Mk7 103TSI.

Users Country Flag
    The Performance Pack MUST be offered.
    Depends on how much power the trick diff can really handle, per the other thread where VW commented they were 'still comfortable' the diff can roll with 187kW.. one assumes a performance pack buyer is an enthusiast who more than likely will want to tune at or above this - if this is just another area with question marks I'd rather work off the non-PP model.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Didn't care so much about the 10% power dif but I did want the ediff. Wouldn't surprise me that VWA want to force more people into an R but given how popular the GTI is here compared to the rest of the world I'd have figured the performance pack would suit us quite well. Certainly would be cheaper to get the PP rather than upgrade to an R.

I'd be happy with the electric handbrake having test-driven a Mk7 103TSI.
    +1
    The new Golf NEEDS the E diff, it's the headline news of the GTI. Without it, other hotter hatches ail eat it up. It's like buying a Megane RS265 in Europe without the Trophy Pack... Makes no sense. The R will be a completely different car compared to the current one, think of it as a better Scirocco with more power and precision.
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!

I hope they are wrong too. It's the ediff I am eager to see. Would be an absolute shame on VW to not give Aussie customers this option. But knowing VW here why am I not surprised. If they don't, they must be trying to position their R's, in which case I hope they lose their potential GTI customers.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2014 GTI PP/Pure White/DAP+Leather
    2010 TSI 118/DSG/Reflex Silver/SP+ACC/Sunroof/Dyna/MDI/SatNav /PA+RVC

So what is your source ... Just a general idea, dealer, marketing, more info

Users Country Flag
    Breaking news!!! We're not getting the performance pack nor the three door variants... More info soon!!! Very, very bad news!
    Yeh right, a couple of weeks ago you said:- Mk7 Golf GTI Launched in Europe

"Oh trust me guys, we will get both 3 door and 5 door models. Each available with the PP. The 18s are standard on the non PP model and the 19s are standard on the PP model, specs could change...:

It's all rumour and pure guesses until VW release the official specs. The only part of what you have said that I have any faith in at this stage is that "specs could change".

The Performance Pack and the diff that come with it have been standouts in the overseas promo's and just about every review so far. My guess is that it will come here. If it doesn't, well, I'll probably cancel my pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyboy22 View Post
    So what is your source ... Just a general idea, dealer, marketing, more info
    Had a chat to Robert Hacklenberg from VW Australia who came back from the International Launch, they had a presentation in Sydney for us journalists.

To all those lovely people out there who really appreciate that I'm sharing this stuff and are so grateful, here is what i just found:

http://http://www.carsales.com.au/ne...nder-40k-36495

Anyone want to know more?

Page 2 of 334 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast