Support VWWC

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf - Australian Specifications and Prices (Base, Comfortline and Highline)

Users Country Flag

$36k isn't much different as a driveaway price (before discounts) to the outgoing equivalent 118tsi Comfortline which lists at $32k + ORC. I'm pretty sure there would be a few more standard options, while the drop in power is not really reflected in a drop in performance.

I haven't heard of any dealers accepting orders for a GTI, but I'm pretty sure most would be happy to take a holding deposit.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Looks like we match the S, SE and GT specs of the UK.
    If that's the case then the 103TSI (with cylinder cutoff) engine is only available in the top spec GT (Highline).

VW Aust have the opportunity to slot in the 1.2TSI (77, 66) into the base model at a later date.

From all accounts the beam axle rear suspension (any car < 100kw) makes little difference to how the car drives. And certainly wont be noticed by 99% of drivers.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    For base Golf,dealer showed me pic .showing full wheel covers,in lookalike mag design.
    Driveaway price for base looks ok against published price for 77Tsi of $27490,also will be better equipped.
    Sunset R
    Sorry to drip feed info but not allowed to see much more than a quick riffle of printed info and quick look at computer screen.
    Sunset Red was one of the colours shown.

Beachie 1

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

All Mk7 to have IRS ?

European models with LESS than 90kw get the torsion beam rear end,so hopefully we get the Irs on the MK7 Base Golf and above.
    Beachie1

I've received some information further to what's been covered above:

• Fatigue detection, multi-collision brake, BlueMotion start/stop are standard on all models.
    • Base model has no options other than paint colour. Gets cruise control, bluetooth, USB audio, XDL, tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS).
    • Comfortline also gets dual-zone climate control, 16" alloys, front and rear parking sensors, RVC, automatic dipping passenger mirror on reverse, storage drawers under the front seats, etc.
    • Highline gets front foglights, 17" alloys, Discover 5.8" Satnav, LED interior lighting, floor mats.
    • Highline options include Vienna leather, bi-xenon headlights, panoramic glass sunroof.
    • Driver Assistance Package option (available for both Comfortline and Highline) includes Adaptive (radar) Cruise Control (ACC), Front Assist with City Emergency Brake, Park Assist 2, and Driving Profile Selection (allows for individual adjustment of steering and throttle response, DSG mode, etc).
    • Colours available include Pure White, Tungsten Silver Metallic, Sunset Red Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic, Night Blue Metallic, Limestone Grey Metallic and Deep Black Pearl Effect.

Golfs will be orderable from later this week, and formal pricing will be released to dealers at that time. At time of launch, no cars will have the navigation or bi-xenons fitted, due to factory build restrictions.
    Last edited by AdamD; 17-04-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    So no active/dynamic chassis control option for non GTI/R cars anymore?

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    So no active/dynamic chassis control option for non GTI/R cars anymore?
    It's not mentioned in the information I've received. So it looks like it's not available at this stage.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    It's not mentioned in the information I've received. So it looks like it's not available at this stage.
    Odd, the UK reviews were all recommending people consider it as an option. Having said that, it probably wasn't a common option (although there seems to be quite a few 118tsi with it fitted) and I reckon VW Aus would be trying their best to spec up and reduce the options list - or package them together a la the driver assistance package.

Could it be a part of the driver assistance package (profile selection)? Although that would make that package very expensive - I'd like some but not all of what's in there. Or maybe it just wasn't a popular option in the non-sport Mk6?

Mk7 Golf Australian Specifications

No Dynaudio option? No mention of color mfd or discover pro 8" screen and folding mirrors either

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast