Thread: Mk7.5 TSi Exhaust upgrade

Users Country Flag

Question Mk7.5 TSi Exhaust upgrade

Hi I was looking to upgrade the downpipe and exhaust of my 2018 Golf TSi Mk7.5 and was wondering what bolt on options I had. Would the mk7.5 GTI or R downpipe work if anyone has ever tried?

If someone has already answer this question do you mind pointing me to the post because I couldn't find anything.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mobeido View Post
    Hi I was looking to upgrade the downpipe and exhaust of my 2018 Golf TSi Mk7.5 and was wondering what bolt on options I had. Would the mk7.5 GTI or R downpipe work if anyone has ever tried?

If someone has already answer this question do you mind pointing me to the post because I couldn't find anything.

Golf R and GTI downpipes do not fit. Golf GTI stock cat-back fits the TSI provided it is MK7.5 GTI and provided you get a GTI rear valance.

ECSTuning claims to have a CTS downpipe for a 1.4TSI.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-cts-part...exhdp0033cat~/

I have been advised against fitting the downpipe due to the fact that 3" is in reality too big for the little engine and turbo combination and you are likely to have issues controlling the boost. Going to stg 2 software (which is required for the DP) controlling the electric wastegate on the 1.4 TSI is hard apparently and boost will not be consistent. To me it wasn't important chasing more power than what I have (would just buy a GTI then) so not doing that.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 30-03-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Sharkie, so it sounds like its not worth it if i was trying to get more power.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Sharkie, so it sounds like its not worth it if i was trying to get more power.
    IF you want more power, you need to chip it. Both ECU and DSG tunes are available for the 110TSI. Look at my build thread for power options.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag

A downpipe and/or exhaust will do basically nothing power-wise without a remap - all it will give you is some noise.

If you are craving more power, get the car remapped. Looks like there aren't a great deal of remap options for the 1.4 TSI, but Burger Motorspots have a tuning box and these are very well regarded amongst the MK7 GTI and R guys: Burger Motorsports JB4 VW / Audi / Skoda Group 10 – 1.2L & 1.4L – AutoInstruct
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler