Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MK7.5 Tail Lights 5G2052200B

Thanks for helping. From what I can tell the coding is dependent on the harness/cabling you have.

I'm not sure if harnesses for US vehicles will work for our cars. Anybody know about that?

I'll be using OBD11 for coding when the time comes.

I'd like it to be fairly reversible, hence the harness but so far, like other visual change I want it seems to be easier doing it on a Mk7.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    When I enquired with VW Central a couple of months ago on installation, they said that no harness was required for a 2019 GTI, it would just be $200 for installation for my model.

I didn’t go ahead with the upgrade but maybe check with them if you need anything further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to ask them tomorrow, if there is a lot of cable changing, I'd rather a harness to avoid mucking around with the original plugs, as I understand they are similar, but wired differently.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post

I'm not sure if harnesses for US vehicles will work for our cars. Anybody know about that?
    genebaby: If the harness is designed for incandescent lights, then most definitely - NO!!

NAR (North America Region) tails don't have separate turn-signal lamps (for incandescent fittings) - they use the outer brake lights also for turn indicators.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hi Don, yes, I've seen the awful lights they get in NA, plus the other things they miss out on in general.

There are harnesses for NA cars with factory LED lights, so they must be getting them in the latest delivered cars, but again, I'm not sure if a NA car harness is applicable for us. It seems the LHD cars get a lot of love.

Vic

My car is booked in on the 31st for the lights to be installed.

I just noticed that the part number on the box matches the one in this thread.

I look forward to having them on the car. I'll keep the original ones for the future.

I had the tail lights installed yesterday, look great but there is an error about the left reverse light so it's going back on Monday.

Question as I have only had the car a short time, and I thought I remembered that the front DRL/indicators both flashed orange when indicating, is that standard?

Right now only one changes to orange, but I could be mistaken and it's always been that way.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    I had the tail lights installed yesterday, look great but there is an error about the left reverse light so it's going back on Monday.

Question as I have only had the car a short time, and I thought I remembered that the front DRL/indicators both flashed orange when indicating, is that standard?

Right now only one changes to orange, but I could be mistaken and it's always been that way.
    Since MY19 only the outside DRL/indicator is active on GTIs in Oz. Apparently no easy way of turning the inner ones back on. Annoying, I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know, I barely have seen them work and I wasn't sure if their operation had changed during the installation.

I would like to change how they operate one day but good to know they are working as normal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123