Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MK7.5 Tail Lights 5G2052200B

where did the price of $680 come from, which dealer?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by crainger View Post
    No coding required for a MK7.5 GTI
    That’s not right. The sweep won’t work without coding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    That's right, I stand corrected. VW recommend dealer allow 3 hours for fitting AND coding. So that's what most do. I ordered mine last week. Just waiting for the dealer to call to let me know they arrive.
    Last edited by crainger; 03-08-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    2018 Golf GTI DSG (DAP LUX INFO R-TAILS)

Users Country Flag
    So I got the tails fitted using the parts in this thread. Dealer job to avoid issues with warranty. Quoted and paid 3 hours labour for install and coding. Took them 6 hours. It's not an easy retro fit for a MK7.5 as is the first they have done.

They look cool though. As a child of the 80s growing up on Tron and Bladerunner. I think they are worth it. While not a huge fan of smoked tail lights, I do like how they look.

Users Country Flag
    Feel vry jealous of you atm no sweeping indicators for my wagon are made
    I was crushed when i found out like you i think they are very cool

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by crainger View Post
    So I got the tails fitted using the parts in this thread. Dealer job to avoid issues with warranty. Quoted and paid 3 hours labour for install and coding. Took them 6 hours. It's not an easy retro fit for a MK7.5 as is the first they have done.

They look cool though. As a child of the 80s growing up on Tron and Bladerunner. I think they are worth it. While not a huge fan of smoked tail lights, I do like how they look.
    Congrats on your new lights. I still think it’s the best mod I did to my car. I get your concerns with the warranty, and I personally prefer to do it “as factory”, but finally went with my own harness. The reason being that it won’t add any value if you’re trading the vehicle. With a removable harness you can always go back to stock and get at least some money back. With my harness I was able to install and code within 90minutes.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks mate. I love them more than I thought I would, not just the dynamic turns, but the running and brake patterns.

(Getting a little off topic) I wanted to get the dealer to also do my Dynablinks, but they arrived too late, so did them myself. No coding required so felt they couldn't pin other issues on home coding. 10 min each side, 5 min if you've taken the caps off before and know when and where to apply a little force. (For MK7.5 need an extra wiring loom on the passenger side otherwise the puddle light will be extra dim)

Harness option looks the go for tails though. I just wasn't sure if MK7.5 supported the harnesses out there. My skills aren't good enough to make my own.

Hi guys, I've bought the lights from VWC for my incoming new GTI. They advised they can be installed with some adaptation of the current pin outs, but I am keen on a harness for plug and play changing (minus the coding).

Does anyone know of a harness I could order that would do this on a 2020 GTI?

VWC only have a harness for a 7, which is also out of stock.

Also, can anyone share the coding requirements? Thanks!
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

I have recieved my OEM Dynamic lights, they came in a VW box for LED Upgrade, so I'm not sure if the instructions included, which are fairly involved, are for a car that did not come with LED. My GTI will of course already have LED tail lights, just not ones as cool as these.

Does anybody know what is involved in a car like mine to retrofit these? I don't have my car yet, so I don't even know if they will plug in without coding and therefore just work. Thanks.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag

Will you be coding with OBD11 or VCDS? Here’s a link with the coding on OBD11:

Dynamic led tail turn signals | OBDeleven

Not sure about the harness question but there are a couple of videos of the install:

YouTube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast