Support VWWC

Thread: Mk7.5 R Muffler on TDi

Users Country Flag

Mk7.5 R Muffler on TDi

I'm looking at putting a Mk7.5 R Muffler on my TDI, for the quad pipe look, I have a 2018 Rline I know I have to have the pipes modded and I already have the rear valance, but will it fit. or am I better to get a GTi muffler and double pipes on each side, any info or suggestions would we welcomed

Users Country Flag
    Unlikely to fit mate. The shape of the muffler is wrong, the pipe entering the muffler is at the wrong angle, so the muffler itself will likely require massive amounts of modifications.

Much easier to fit a GTI muffler, will be a straight fit with no issues.

FYI, I held up my R muffler under the TSI (which has the same layout as the TDI and the GTI) and just too much work needed (at $$$$) so went with a GTI muffler on the TSI with no issues at all.

If you want quad tips, look for an Oettinger quad tip muffler for a GTI (Mk7.5). I did have 1 of those but it was for a MK7 only and did not fit a MK7.5.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I found out it just wouldn't fit the muffler is far to high, spare wheel well comes down lower in the non R cars, went for a GTD muffler delete from the UK with double tips, perfect fit