Support VWWC

Thread: MK7.5 R harsh shifting 2>3

Users Country Flag

MK7.5 R harsh shifting 2>3

hey guys,
    ive got a MY18 7.5 R, its got an stage 1 high torque tune (tcu and dsg) its got 38k on the clock

ive noticed a pretty harsh shift from 2>3 gear under full load and also under 30-40% throttle.
    ive taken the car to my guy and we've inspected all motor mounts and the spherical/dog bone mount to see if there was anything wrong with them, but they were all good! threw a bfi insert in the mount to see if it would solve the problem but if anything its made it harsher farken.
    i went back and removed the dsg tune to see if it was a software issue but the problem still persists

has anyone had similar issues with their car before ?
    if so
    what was the solution to this problem ?

cheers

Have no evidence and no personal symptoms or experience ... but ... have read similar issues of harsh gear changes possibly from under filled DSG oil on the mk7.5 models.

Something to look into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RS
    R

Quote Originally Posted by julz View Post
    hey guys,
    ive got a MY18 7.5 R, its got an stage 1 high torque tune (tcu and dsg) its got 38k on the clock

ive noticed a pretty harsh shift from 2>3 gear under full load and also under 30-40% throttle.
    ive taken the car to my guy and we've inspected all motor mounts and the spherical/dog bone mount to see if there was anything wrong with them, but they were all good! threw a bfi insert in the mount to see if it would solve the problem but if anything its made it harsher farken.
    i went back and removed the dsg tune to see if it was a software issue but the problem still persists

has anyone had similar issues with their car before ?
    if so
    what was the solution to this problem ?

cheers
    How did you go in the end? Keen to know what the problem was.
    On another note, are you happy with the tune for the ECU and DSG? What company did you go with?
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White