Page 98 of 122 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7.5 Golf - News and Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarman View Post
    Ah, I guess the LED lights do not reach the 2000 lumen threshold for requiring washers and self levelling.
    The LED lights do have self levelling though.
    They do a happy dance when they come on.
    Mk 7.5 GTI | Manual | Indium Grey | Driver Assist | Infotainment | Luxury Package

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LAnMarc View Post
    The LED lights do have self levelling though.
    They do a happy dance when they come on.
    Yeah they self level, but not because it's an ADR requirement for these lights.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarman View Post
    Isn't it because of the 4motion system?
    The Alltrack can have a tow bar
    2022 Tiguan R Reflex Silver

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinhillterror View Post
    Can’t get a tow bar fitted to the Golf R or Wolfsburg due to the AWD or Exhaust (or both).

It’s confusing because it is listed in the brochure and as a part, but not an option for the AWD

If you could get it, it’d be the perfect car. I still bought one anyway.
    My dealer said he was looking at a third party supplier but I would still have factory warranty. A friend with a Ferrari went through hoops to have a tow bar fitted and Lexus flew an engineer in to work out how to fit one onto a 350F or something. Nothing is impossible.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Albervin View Post
    My dealer said he was looking at a third party supplier but I would still have factory warranty. A friend with a Ferrari went through hoops to have a tow bar fitted and Lexus flew an engineer in to work out how to fit one onto a 350F or something. Nothing is impossible.
    Naturally - but why anyone would ruin a sports car with one is beyond me.

As for the Lexus, it probably improved the looks.

A Golf R on the other hand should be workable.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinhillterror View Post
    Can’t get a tow bar fitted to the Golf R or Wolfsburg due to the AWD or Exhaust (or both).

It’s confusing because it is listed in the brochure and as a part, but not an option for the AWD

If you could get it, it’d be the perfect car. I still bought one anyway.
    Westfalia Towbar for VW Golf 7 VII Detachable Tow Bar A40V 0688800000S 317132600001 - Australia Towbars & Performance store

Golf R is listed and they do fit them.

Nice. I will def take a look at this.

Will just about make this the complete car for me.

Users Country Flag
    'Had my little Hitler pull me up in some traffic yesterday. Seems I didn't properly close the driver's door as I rushed out of the parking lot into some thick traffic. Came to the first set of lights, low and behold, we failed to proceed (cue horns in the background). Received first message from dash display : place gear lever in Park. Ignored that, or course. More horns. Looked around for some help from who-bloody-knows-where ? Looked down to see park brake had activated. Had the wisdom and foresight to release with a push down of the button. Horns become lights. Looked to see next message from HAL : image of a big red driver's door fully opened from little picture of a Golf. Closed door to proceed once again, much to the sheer delight of my fellow motorists.

So glad the new safety systems of Golf 7 had a big part to play in my purchase !
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Users Country Flag
    Dutch, he needed to tow his Vincent race bike to race meetings. You just have to do it.

Users Country Flag

Great news. My friend at Latrobe Valley VW is going to fit a factory tow bar to the car!! OK, I have to fork out $500 because the exhaust has to come off to fit it then be re-installed. A permit to move (their cost) gets me to NSW where the rego will be less than Vic. He will pick me up at the airport too! Total cost (including air fare) $2,000 less than advertised drive away without tow bar; i.e. $61,990 . I think that is a good outcome considering. Interestingly I also looked at a BMW M235i and Mercedes AMG45 and neither was rated for towing. My fallback was an Octavia RS 245 which had a lot of pluses going for it but FWD is not one of them. It has to be AWD or RWD. Torson AWD is my first pick but the choice is Subaru or way more than I can afford) so Haldex it is.

Page 98 of 122 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast