Support VWWC

Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1211

Thread: Mk7.5 Golf - News and Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

If you change to show the current fuel consumption in the active info display it says “coasting” when coasting.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

So I have a 2017 R Wolfsburg and about a month ago I would get sporadic error messages come up... Error Cornering Light AFS... I have taken a video and pictures and provided them to VW... VW blames the system error to my Armytrix Exhaust stating the Bluetooth dongle plugged into my Can Bus was corrupting the system and giving false readings.. on the same day as there diagnostics I removed the entire system and nothing is plugged into the Can Bus.. two weeks later again the error flashes....
    Booked into VW again and again they want a diagnostics fee 😞 my question is on the MK7.5 how on earth do you get to the globes or is the entire system a closed unit? Plenty of videos for the MK7 but I can’t find anything for the 7.5...... very strange.. oh and at start up the lights do there normal dance.....

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter2019 View Post
    .....Booked into VW again and again they want a diagnostics fee.....
    If its still under warranty they can't request that. Change you dealer and never go back to the old one for neither servicing or new car purchasing.

Users Country Flag
    Hey all, I introed myself in the newbies thread,

Need a hand. I'm about to place a deposit on a fully optioned 7.5 Golf R and need it in September when we return to Sydney. Question is, am I better ordering through a dealer right now and paying a small deposit to get one off the boats in six months; or should I wait till September and there should be plenty of stock around? What are your thoughts?

If I order from brand new should I get a better price? Is a six month lead enough to get a car built and sent over or am I pushing it? Would dealers have a view on what is ordered in next six months / cancels being built still etc?

Any advice on the level of discounts you can currently get on a 7.5 R, I got 12% last time when I ordered (After a lot of help from you guys) so keen to see if I can roll something like that again....

Finally we'll be in Pittwater, but I am happy to order through Botany or anywhere else within Sydney if anyone can recommend a killer dealer they have worked with.

Cheers for your help and Mods, please do move this if it is in completely the wrong topic name

LS

Not sure if production of Golf 7.5 is still ongoing, I think you will find that Wolfsburg has geared up production of the Golf 8 now.
    You are better speaking to a dealer to see what the go is.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    @langs_sydney - paid $55.5k for a fully optioned 01/20 compliance plated R last month (i.e. sunroof & Dynaudio) - not sure of the exact % discount but the deal included 3-years pre-paid service package.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks all, very useful......

Users Country Flag
    In the R 7.5 the air to the engine filter goes into the box, up thru the filter and out to the big pipe, then to the turbo.The filter sits on a louvred tray. If you lift the tray out you can see an opening down in a corner. If the pipe to the turbo is off and you stick your fingers in the opening, you can see them out the other side and it appears that unfiltered air would be able to enter the pipe that way (gasp & gulp).
    Can anyone explain the arrangement please?
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    Please ignore the above. Senior moment. Spatially challenged. Complete rubbish
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag

Hi all. It's been a VERY long time since I last poked my head in here. Brings up sad Mk7 GTI memories

Anyway, my brother is looking to purchase a used Wolfsburg Mk7.5 R and I just wanted to ask if there is anything he should be looking at specifically to ensure it's a good buy. Limited info other than it's sporting a DSG, has 62k on the clock and they want $49k. Dealer used so has a 2 year warranty (he's going to read that word for word to see if it's worth the paper it's written on). I can't find it on Carsales but the one photo my brother provided shows it is sporting an all-round Flow Designs slip lip kit which I recommend removing as that will be a PITA on inner Melbourne streets. The lip kit could indicate an enthusiast owner which could be good or bad lol.

Anything to look for? He's also looking a new Polo GTI.

Thanks!
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 LastLast