Support VWWC

Thread: MK7.5 Front assist spontaneously triggers warning

Users Country Flag

MK7.5 Front assist spontaneously triggers warning

I have been having spontaneous warnings from the front assist (large red warning graphic and ding) when there has been no obstructions visible in line of sight.

Had it checked out by the dealer and they said they did a software update but it hasn't resolved the issue.

It's a bit concerning and this shouldn't go off when there is no apparent reason, has anyone else experienced this ?

Users Country Flag
    Have only had it a couple times whilst doing some 'spirited driving' with some mates and we were all in a line breaking into a roundabout, and the system had a spac and jammed on the brakes harder almost resulting with my mate behind me in my backseat.

Then at Marulan, I was following the racing line of the instructors and getting up close to the back of their car and it did it again. I then disabled it for the rest of the day at the track.

No incidences whilst normal driving except when trying to back out of not overly steep driveways and it has panicked and wacked on the brakes!

Users Country Flag
    Yes some times over reacts when there is plenty of distance to vehicle ahead , not sure why , maybe does not like Fords
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

I’ve had the same exiting steep driveways both front and back, I’ve worked out which ones give me trouble and exit on more of an angle now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bert121167 View Post
    I’ve had the same exiting steep driveways both front and back, I’ve worked out which ones give me trouble and exit on more of an angle now.
    I just lightly ride the brakes and get no warning (or unwanted emergency braking), mind you, I'm backing out downhill, not sure it would work going uphill on a steep driveway/road dip.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag

I’ve had a few of those at random times on clear roadways, no braking so I just click OK and continue.

Had a few backing brake slams however - its pretty poop inducing when the car abruptly stops! Backing out of/into sloping driveways.