Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition

Users Country Flag

Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition

Hi everyone,
    Long time reader, 1st time posting.

Here goes. I’ve had my Mk7.5 for about 8-9months. It’s a white Special Edition DSG, 213kW (Australian) with the performance ventilated front brakes and Akrapovic exhaust with all the options ticked. My understanding is there’s only 400 SE’s in Oz. I absolutely love this car and have been bitten by the upgrade bug. I’ve come from an AMG, the stock R was good but not great so I’ve started my journey. I want to give a big shout out to all the contributing members as it’s been so very helpful reading through others stories, upgrades, issues etc etc.

Upgrades so far:
    034 Res Delete
    034 Billet Dogbone insert.
    034 Billet + spherical dogbone mount.
    034 Dynamic Lowering springs.
    034 Rear sway bar.
    034 Rear spherical sway bar links.
    034 Density line engine and transmission mounts.
    034 Turbo muffler delete.
    P3 Gauges digital gauge.
    CTS Turbo inlet.
    GFB DVX Diverter Valve
    APR Stage 1 high torque tune.
    VW TCR rear spoiler.

On the way:
    Wagner Tuning competition intercooler. (This weekends project.
    Rally Armor mud flaps Black/Grey (On backorder).

I’ve done all the upgrades myself (except the APR tune). With the help of these forums and YouTube it’s been a really enjoyable process. I’m good with tools but have never really worked on cars except for basic servicing in my younger years. I’d be happy to answer any questions anyone has about my upgrades. I haven’t had the car on a dyno but have done a few launches and timed them with the P3 gauge. Best time for 0-100 is 3.59 seconds which I’m very happy with considering it’s only stage 1. Warmer weather, it drops to 3.8. Being as where I live gets very hot in summer the new intercooler should bring some nice benefits. I’ve researched my parts in depth and am a very happy camper with the decisions so far. I hope you guys and gals enjoy the pics.

Cheers,
    Mitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the special edition... never thought id see another white special edition with a TCR spoiler too 👍

Nice upgrades btw

Congratulations and welcome!

Good to see the Golf R getting some love.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    R Snow. I’m guessing you have the same Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition. It took me a long time to decide on a rear lip. I could have swore I might be the only one in Oz. Great minds Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition.

I also thought that too hahah

Something different I guess for an R + being well overpriced for a small piece of plastic makes it less likely to be seen around 👍

Did you notice a difference going to stage 1?
    Any regrets?

My thought process exactly on the rear lip. I said to myself when buying I can’t believe I’m paying this much for a piece of plastic. There won’t be anyone else as foolish around Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition.

Difference from normal to stage 1 high torque is night and day. It is honestly how the car should have come. When it hits 3000rpm your head is buried in the seat. I did it at 4000km on the ODO now at 11100km. No issues so far, just a heap more fun, more crackles and pops in race mode (only) and slightly worse fuel economy. I’m tossing up stage 2 for the low end torque and an TCU tune as the standard shift points give me the $&#%. I’m unsure about the downpipe and the extra noise, I hate drone so do not want any. The way the car is now is really suitable as a daily which mine is.

If you get a chance to get in a tuned Golf you’ll definitely do it.

To be honest though the best mod I’ve done so far is the springs and the rear sway bar and links. The way this car now handles is phenomenal. Not too harsh, no understeer, not too low.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for sharing Mitch, great post and info.
    Just researching the start of my upgrade journey after having taken delivery 6 months ago (MY19 R at the bargain drive away of $54,990).
    I may if it's OK, check in with you in due course for some tips etc.
    Cheers,
    Graeme

Hi Graeme,

That’s a good price. Welcome to the club. I’d be happy to help in anyway. Word of warning. Once you start, it’s hard to stop. Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition. I have a few more little things I want to do. I’m very interested to see how this intercooler goes. I’ll post thoughts on here when I’m done and have had a chance to really give it a crack. I just booked my first and probably last track day. Super excited to see how all the upgrades go when I give it a proper squirt. The beauty of this car and the upgrades out there is the quality and direct fit. I never thought I’d enjoy working on my car but I do. It’s an expensive but fun little hobby. All the best with yours. Get the correct tools, watch YouTube and it’ll give you the confidence.

If anyone is keen I am selling a brand new CTS resonator delete and a 034 Spherical dogbone Mount kit. The Dogbone Mount I ordered only fits the Mk7 not the Mk7.5, my mistake for not reading the desription properly and ordering the wrong one. Both items are brand never used. Long story short is I ordered the resonator delete and it took over a month to come, I got inpatient and ordered the 034 resonator delete which was in stock. Let me know if interested, both are super easy to fit with a socket set. Torque wrench needed for the dogbone Mount.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast