Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition

So tempted to mod now hahah

Please keep the thread updated if you do end up going stage 2 👍.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    R Snow. Definitely will do. Out of curiosity I noticed your selling the performance pack spoiler. I’m guessing you purchased that then realised the TCR one was available? I almost did that, had committed and then changed my mind. Got back on the forums a week later and noticed the TCR spoiler and ordered right away. The pains of modding. Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MitchT84 View Post
    R Snow. Definitely will do. Out of curiosity I noticed your selling the performance pack spoiler. I’m guessing you purchased that then realised the TCR one was available? I almost did that, had committed and then changed my mind. Got back on the forums a week later and noticed the TCR spoiler and ordered right away. The pains of modding. Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition

The “pains of modding” sums it up right. Long story short, I purchased the performance pack not long after I purchased the car. Then ended up going TCR when it released. I was more curious to see how it would look on an R, since it only comes factory on a GTI.
    I also figured it would be unique in a way.

I remember enquiring about the part number for the TCR at a local VW and AHG dealer, and them having no record of it on their system. I came back a month later and it was AV.

Now I have both spoilers but no purpose for the PP anymore, hence why it is for sale

Ha. Oh dear. I was doing the exact same thing with the model number of the part. No one could tell me what was what. That should sell hopefully, it looks smart just not quite as tall. Good luck.

Intercooler arrived today. In all my excitement I forgot to take a picture of it. Took just over 3 hours to install by myself. Was a bit of a pain doing it solo, an extra set of hands would be helpful. My daughter was offering to help . I watched videos multiple times on how to do it and didn’t have to refer to the installation manual at all. It is a pretty straight forward installation just a little daunting to begin with. Stripping back a brand new car is scary. Put everything back together, turned it on, you beauty... No error codes or looms left unplugged and no screws left over Mitch's Golf R 7.5 Special Edition. Took it for a quick drive through the suburbs to ensure everything was working. Will post again when I can have a proper run to compare intake air temperatures before and after. I’m really regretting the open top intake after this summer, should have purchased the closed but having said that the bonnet essentially closes almost hard up to the top of the filter box.

You did a pretty good job getting it done in that time!

And yes ripping the front of the car off is a little disturbing.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

🔥🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

APR DQ381 TCU Tune installed today.
    First impressions. So far so good. Gear changes are noticeably quicker. Can also tell the clamping pressure has increased, not offensive but a good solid feeling. Car no longer races to 7th gear at 60km/h. It has changed the sound the car makes with a bit of throttle, the exhaust note sounds different. I’ll run it for a week or so and post some more. This was a preventative measure as I’m running the high torque Stage 1 APR tune. I didn’t want to run into clutch slip issues. I think this will do a good job if stopping that. Time will tell.

Feedback re the intercooler and TCU tune.

Wagner Intercooler - Intake temperatures lower and more stable. Temperatures still rise in stop start traffic but once you are in free flowing air temps drop right down. Noticeable improvement and car no longer feels as if it’s lost power on hotter days. I still don’t push the car when it’s hot but it’s nice to know the temps aren’t ridiculously high entering the little engine. Maybe a slight increase in turbo noises.

APR TCU DQ381 Tune. I have it for a week or so. I used to always drive in manual mode as the gear selections were always off in D for city driving, would always race to 7th which gave me the ****s. I now keep the car in D mode. Significantly better gear choice by the computer at normal driving speeds. The extra clamping pressure is really good/reassuring and makes a nice noise through the exhaust when on throttle.

In sport mode the gear shift points have changed for the better, can actually use it.

Manual mode in sport. Can now hit the red line and bounce if you want to, don’t know why you’d want to but you can. No first gear downshift lockout.

I haven’t done any launches so can’t comment on that.

All up a great tune. Deletes any of the annoying things the gearbox was doing stock. Definitely recommend even if you haven’t done anything else to the car.

Nice findings mate.

Do you have any plans to take it down the 1/4 mile strip?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast