Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MIBII Not Working Intermittently

Hi guys. Yesterday I took my car for service. They did say that they were going to update the head unit as per TPI. I told them I didn't want them to touch it.

At first they said they legally had to update it, but then I reminded them if all the trouble I went through already with the head unit as that now that it worked, I didn't want them to go and break it.

They called VW who agreed for them NOT to update the head unit as long as I signed a waiver.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I've had no issues with my MIB II since purchase a year ago. Some bugs in CarPlay which have been fixed over time via IOS/App updates.

Car's in for a service now, & was told there was an MIB II update, which I let them perform.

My ride is on their way to pick me up from the dealership now, so I'll see if this update changes anything (I hope not!)....
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiaorana View Post
    Hi guys. Yesterday I took my car for service. They did say that they were going to update the head unit as per TPI. I told them I didn't want them to touch it.

At first they said they legally had to update it, but then I reminded them if all the trouble I went through already with the head unit as that now that it worked, I didn't want them to go and break it.

They called VW who agreed for them NOT to update the head unit as long as I signed a waiver.
    I've had that exact update for about 3 weeks now and it's been trouble free (apart from them screwing the initial installation up and not bothering to test it before handing the car back to me). I can understand your apprehension though.
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Users Country Flag
    Aside from complete replacement has anyone found a work around their issue?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by druster View Post
    Aside from complete replacement has anyone found a work around their issue?
    I'd been dealing with the Bluetooth media issues and the taking forever to start up issues since I bought the car but after the 1st service in December they upgraded the firmware and I've had no issues at all

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567