Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps updates removed from VW website

Users Country Flag

Maps updates removed from VW website

It seems VW have decided to pull maps updates for "Rest of World" from their website. Looks like Australian dealerships have another way of making money now.

Radio und Navigation

Yeah I'd I've had trouble downloading through discovercare too. I've don't the https fix but keeps defaulting to trying to download the Europe maps

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Read the threads about map updates in different model subforums .we have posted a link where you can get it from and it was working last night

Map update?

Reply 134
    When you open the forum got to top bar and click on "new posts" and things like that will show up as the threads are updated since you last visited .

They havent "pulled " anything the website has a problem apparently as has been showing last June's map when there is a November edition which is the one I mention

Also this is the correct page to get the maps from as its in English

Volkswagen Map & Softwareupdates
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 20-02-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ah, thanks for the Update.

Users Country Flag
    Its still not available, only the Europe maps are available.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    Its still not available, only the Europe maps are available.
    Read the posts above why and where to get it IT IS AVAILABLE if you follow the links

I have it downloading from the link I provided

It has done 2.3Gb at 5.65 MB/sec and has 2hr 23min to go
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 21-02-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Read the posts above why and where to get it IT IS AVAILABLE if you follow the links
    Yes, Indeed I do read the posts before replying!

I've noticed that if you select the navigation system as Discover-Media, there is an option to download the maps, but when you click "Discover-Pro", its only available for Europe.

I'm also attaching a screenshot, as you can see, the scroll bar has hit the rock bottom.

regards,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maps updates removed from VW website-maps-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    Yes, Indeed I do read the posts before replying!

I've noticed that if you select the navigation system as Discover-Media, there is an option to download the maps, but when you click "Discover-Pro", its only available for Europe.

I'm also attaching a screenshot, as you can see, the scroll bar has hit the rock bottom.

regards,
    The two maps are totally different and only the Pro one is not there as you say. ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR DAYS and the map has been 6 months out of date anyway and if you DID read the posts you would have seen we said the website has a problem and to follow the instructions I provided IF you want the map.

If you dont want the map what are you worrying about?????

Has been mentioned several times in other sub forums namely the Tiguan MkII forum
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 21-02-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the link to new maps. I managed to download and install without issues. The million dollar question now, will this be the last update from VW??? I know VW use their online system in Europe for updates, POIs etc, which we don't have in OZ. Wonder if we ever going to get it.

One difference is that the 6 month out of date map has also disappeared from the software. Was there a week ago if you selected MultiRegion as the region even when it wasn't on the website.

The direct link (thanks chalnorth and hillbilly!) is still there, but I wonder if it is a change in mind on providing non-euro maps for free. Either that, or there's some issue with ID3 headunit compatibility and theyve pulled them until that's sorted.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast