Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maps updates removed from VW website

Users Country Flag

I can confirm the map update works with the download from post #134. Went from ROW 2017/2018 to ROW 2020
    It's big and the whole lot needs to be on it for it to work. I tried just the mib2 folder and the text file and it's not enough.
    Load onto SD card. Open navigation - settings - version information. Hit the SD/USB button and it shouldn't take long to pick it up. If it keeps searching, cancel and redo. I had to do it 2 or 3 times before it picked up. The upload takes a bit, so make sure your battery is full or you have a charger attached or it'll drain quick.
    Funny
    MY18 MK7.5 R Pure White | Sunroof | Dynaudio | DAP | Cete Automotove Start-Stop Module | SG9663DCPro Camera
    RIP MY07 Reflex Silver GTI | DSG | Bi-Xenons | Leather | Park Sensors
    Bluefin | KW V2 | Whiteline ALK | Neuspeed TAI | H&R 22mm rear sway bar | DBA 4000 | Hawk HPS | Forge Catch Can | Seat drawers | Parrot CK3000 BT & QuickConnect harness

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by funny View Post
    I can confirm the map update works with the download from post #134. Went from ROW 2017/2018 to ROW 2020
    It's big and the whole lot needs to be on it for it to work. I tried just the mib2 folder and the text file and it's not enough.
    Load onto SD card. Open navigation - settings - version information. Hit the SD/USB button and it shouldn't take long to pick it up. If it keeps searching, cancel and redo. I had to do it 2 or 3 times before it picked up. The upload takes a bit, so make sure your battery is full or you have a charger attached or it'll drain quick.
    Perfectly normal as has been for past two years. Ive got that one and the Skoda one Both identical Takes 40 mins to load into car

We posted you cant truncate it didnt we????
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by funny View Post
    hi,

tried your method, but is not picking it up. keep searching and say no data. any idea why?

thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisonic View Post
    hi,

tried your method, but is not picking it up. keep searching and say no data. any idea why?

thanks in advance.
    Did you unzip the whole thing to an SD card of at least 32GB Put it in the car and go to update on the screen It should find which SD slot its in and load it
    DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE ANY PART OF IT We stressed that in earlier posts but it seems some think they know better.

You DONT have to load it all in one go If you turn the car off while its loading it will take up where it stopped

Been there done that without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Did you unzip the whole thing to an SD card of at least 32GB Put it in the car and go to update on the screen It should find which SD slot its in and load it
    DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE ANY PART OF IT We stressed that in earlier posts but it seems some think they know better.

You DONT have to load it all in one go If you turn the car off while its loading it will take up where it stopped

Been there done that without problems.
    yup. i unzip to HD and then copy to the SDCard. tried the 2 slots, but is not picking it up though. unless unzip direct to SDCard make a difference.

Users Country Flag
    yup. i unzip to HD and then copy to the SDCard. tried the 2 slots, but is not picking it up though. unless unzip direct to SDCard make a difference.
    No thats what I do but in what format is your SD card It should be FAT32 Also you copy the whole FOLDER to the SD card

No thats what I do but in what format is your SD card It should be FAT32 Also you copy the whole FOLDER to the SD card
    yup. is in fat32 and copy everything over to the sd card.

Users Country Flag
    yup. is in fat32 and copy everything over to the sd card.
    Dont know but being in Singapore may have something to do with it . No other reason but you do have a Discovery Pro, the one with no buttons at all??????

You arent using a Mac are you?????

Dont know but being in Singapore may have something to do with it . No other reason but you do have a Discovery Pro, the one with no buttons at all??????

You arent using a Mac are you?????
    yes, discovery pro with no buttons, but i am using mac to format the sd and copy the stuff over.. is there a difference? lol

Users Country Flag

yes, discovery pro with no buttons, but i am using mac to format the sd and copy the stuff over.. is there a difference? lol
    Yes there is your problem format the card in a PC.

MACS do it different to Windoze and quite honestly F it up

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast