Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps update

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RocMan View Post
    Thanks Flipper, according to my local dealer who has at last replied, the part number for the latest Australian map data SD card is now 5NA919866AM Seems the number changes with each new version of the maps. Price a hefty A$235.
    I think I have seen in some forums that you can even use a European maps SD card, as its only the CID code that is important. You then over write the SD card with your countries maps - Australia in my case. Is this correct? Also does anyone know which of the files on the download on my PC
    EEC

is the Australian map.
    You DONT DELETE anything in a maps update as the unit reads the relevant map and ignores the others (if any). Delete stuff and it wont work. guaranteed
    Some used cards for sale on here

Please Wait... | Cloudflare

Please Wait... | Cloudflare

32 GB is best
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 03-09-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Just found this on AliExpress GPS For VW AS V12 AT V14 AZ V12 FX V11 Navigation Custom CID SD Card 8gb 16gb|Memory Cards| - AliExpress

Does anyone know if the CID code specific to a country. Looks good value and possibly worth a try what do you think?

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the links Hillbilly. My car is a 2019 Amarok.

@RocMan - Any genuine ROW VW SD card is ok (just don't use a US one). Does not matter what original mapping data is there as you will over write it.
    As Hillbilly stated don't delete any data you have downloaded from the VW map site, all that information is required to be there to have it work correctly.
    Once loaded onto your SD card the card must stay in the system for it to read the map data, the Discover Media does not load it internally to the system like the higher model Discover Pro does.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Just to add to the search for suitable SD cards for VW Discover Media (MIB2) - Audi, Seat and Skoda are compatible with VW.
    The VW part number - 5NA 919 866 can be replaced with the following:
    Audi 8W0 919 866,
    Seat 6PO 919 866, and
    Skoda 5L0 051 236.
    The last letters make no difference but you do need to be aware that there are 8Gb, 16Gb and 32Gb cards out there. You should aim for 16Gb minimum.
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 04-09-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Great help. Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks all for the useful info in this thread as our Amarok now has the latest map update.

It wasn't all smooth sailing though, as the DiscoverCar App kept stalling at 33% of the installation process, tried restarting process several times but still didn't get passed 33%. In the end I just deleted the Map files on the VW SD card, downloaded latest map data then copied that data to SD card and it all worked when SD card reinstalled into Amarok.
    2019 Amarok Highline with EGR Canopy, ARB Bullbar

Users Country Flag

Update Maps in 2016 Golf TSI Highline

How to Update Maps in 2016 Golf TSI Highline – step-by-step (Discover Media Infotainment Unit)

After struggling with this update process for days with no success, I came across this site and hats off to @HillBilly and @Flipper Dog for their knowledge and information. I waded through all the pages of this thread and then from ~page 25 onward started getting good information for my issue (I should have worked backwards!)

Here is my method to update my model Golf (and failings) in case I can save one other person the same frustrations.

The latest map updates are available from the VW site here:
    Volkswagen Map Updates

First thing was the VW site asks you if your Infotainment is a Discover Pro or Discover Media.
    My car infotainment system is a Discover Media (Gen 2). The photo on the VW download page indicates it is a Pro, so I spent three days downloading 24GB files for the wrong unit that does not work! Mistake #1 (see post #267). Make sure what unit you have. The Discover Media has the head unit in the glovebox.

Next mistake, you must use the original VW mapping SD card (in the head unit in the glovebox). I tried to install the update with a Sandisk 64GB SD card and it would not work. Mistake #2 (see post #266). To remove, push it in and then remove.

Important: back up the original “Map” folder on the VW SD card (just in case you need to recover)
    Now delete that folder from the SD card and copy over the updated “Maps” folder that you have extracted from 7-zip download.

Now to update the Nav System, turn on the ignition (car doesn’t need to be running), select Nav on the infotainment system and then insert the SD Card with the new update. Select the SD card that will pop up on the screen and within about one minute, all should be updated and working... well it did for me after mucking about for a while.

If not you should at least be able to go back to your original Map folder that you backed up.

Users Country Flag
    How to Update Maps in 2016 Golf TSI Highline – step-by-step:

After struggling with this map update process for days with no success, I came across this site and hats off to @HillBilly and @Flipper Dog for their knowledge and information. I waded through all the pages of this thread and then from ~page 25 onward started getting good information for my issue (I should have worked backwards!)

Here is a summary of the steps (and failings) in case I can save one other person the same frustrations. It was actually pretty simple in the end! Youtube link to process if you need pictures: Update of the maps Volkswagen Discover media, Discover PRO - YouTube

The latest map updates are available for different vehicles from the VW site here:
    Volkswagen Map Updates

First thing was the VW site asks you if your Infotainment is a Discover Pro or Discover Media.
    My car infotainment system is a Discover Media (Gen 2) I found out later. The photo on the VW download page indicates it is a Pro, so I spent three days downloading 24GB files for the Pro and that does not work in the Media! Mistake #1 (see post #267). Make sure you select the correct head unit.

Next mistake, you must use the original VW mapping SD card (in the head unit in the glovebox). I tried to install the update with a Sandisk 64GB SD card and it would not work. Mistake #2 (see post #266)

So, to update a 2016 Discover Media, remove your map SD card from the Head unit. First thing, back up the original “Map” folder on the VW SD card (just in case you need to recover).
    Now delete that folder from the SD card and copy over the updated “Maps” folder that you have extracted from 7-zip download from the link above.

Now to update the Nav System, turn on the ignition (car doesn’t need to be running), select Nav on the infotainment system and then insert the SD Card with the new update. Select the SD card that will pop up on the screen and within about one minute, all should be updated and working.

If not, you should at least be able to go back to your original Map folder that you backed up.
    Last edited by Netorius; 22-10-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Netorius View Post
    How to Update Maps in 2016 Golf TSI Highline – step-by-step:

After struggling with this map update process for days with no success, I came across this site and hats off to @HillBilly and @Flipper Dog for their knowledge and information. I waded through all the pages of this thread and then from ~page 25 onward started getting good information for my issue (I should have worked backwards!)

Here is a summary of the steps (and failings) in case I can save one other person the same frustrations. It was actually pretty simple in the end!

The latest map updates are available for different vehicles from the VW site here:
    Volkswagen Map Updates

My car infotainment system is a Discover Media (Gen 2) I found out later. The photo on the VW download page indicates it is a Pro, so I spent three days downloading 24GB files for the Pro and that does not work in the Media! Mistake #1 (see post #267). Make sure you select the correct head unit.

Next mistake, you must use the original VW mapping SD card (in the head unit in the glovebox). I tried to install the update with a Sandisk 64GB SD card and it would not work. Mistake #2 (see post #266)

So, to update a 2016 Discover Media, remove your map SD card from the Head unit. First thing, back up the original “Map” folder on the VW SD card (just in case you need to recover).
    Now delete that folder from the SD card and copy over the updated “Maps” folder that you have extracted from 7-zip download from the link above.

Now to update the Nav System, turn on the ignition (car doesn’t need to be running), select Nav on the infotainment system and then insert the SD Card with the new update. Select the SD card that will pop up on the screen and within about one minute, all should be updated and working.

If not, you should at least be able to go back to your original Map folder that you backed up.
    All of which is mentioned in the thread
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast