Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps update

Yup, wait as in 1 hour for it to digest hahaha
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Installed v. 97 to our DiscoverPro. Just put the SD card into the car's slot, initaited the transfer , it got to 2%. Turned off the ignition, we drove the car for a day or two and it is done, in the background. No need to worry about battery chargers etc.
    MY19 Tiguan Highline R-Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedGolf View Post
    No update for Discover media
    Anyone seen anything of the Discover media update yet?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Golf View Post
    Anyone seen anything of the Discover media update yet?
    Volkswagen Map Updates Been there for over two months
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Volkswagen Map Updates Been there for over two months
    Thanks Hillbilly,

Apologies for slow reply; more pressing matters than Map Updates got in the way!
    I did attempt to update back in early July. I've successfully used the DiscoverCare Ap the last two updates, as I have the VW supplied 8Gb SD card.
    I tried several times to run the update then, but it kept stalling on the initial Backup at around 30% complete. I gave up thinking maybe a server issue or incompatibility. Hence my recent enquiry.
    On checking my previous installation notes, I discovered that last time I had previously cleared the saved Backup folder prior to running the DiscoverCare Ap.
    Once I'd done this, all went smoothly. Whole process taking about an hour on the computer. Card recognized in under 20 secs back in the car, and could immediately confirm that the new 2022 map version had been installed.

Thanks again for your earlier prompt.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Golf View Post
    Thanks Hillbilly,

Apologies for slow reply; more pressing matters than Map Updates got in the way!
    I did attempt to update back in early July. I've successfully used the DiscoverCare Ap the last two updates, as I have the VW supplied 8Gb SD card.
    I tried several times to run the update then, but it kept stalling on the initial Backup at around 30% complete. I gave up thinking maybe a server issue or incompatibility. Hence my recent enquiry.
    On checking my previous installation notes, I discovered that last time I had previously cleared the saved Backup folder prior to running the DiscoverCare Ap.
    Once I'd done this, all went smoothly. Whole process taking about an hour on the computer. Card recognized in under 20 secs back in the car, and could immediately confirm that the new 2022 map version had been installed.

Thanks again for your earlier prompt.
    Discover care is no longer used as ver 1.04 was rubbish it was not on the page for some time but I see for Media its back. Oh Well

Just download to a HDD and unzip it to an SD card

I had Discover Care and havent been able to get it to run properly for 2 years so just do as above
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 02-09-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Discover care is no longer used as ver 1.04 was rubbish it was not on the page for some time but I see for Media its back. Oh Well

Just download to a HDD and unzip it to an SD card

I had Discover Care and havent been able to get it to run properly for 2 years so just to as above
    Looks like I might have fluked the update this time.
    I've screen-snapped your response and filed it with my DiscoverCare stuff, should I encounter problems next time.
    Much appreciated!

Users Country Flag
    Hi

I have just got a 2019 Amaroc. It has a Discover Media system with 2 SD slots on the front. It came from Sydney and is now in Perth. It came with out its Navigation SD card ………

I’ve followed VW’s DiscoverCare navigation update instructions to put the latest maps on an new SD card. It didn’t work. I’ve read this very informative thread and other forums to try and get my system to work. But no luck. So I’m wondering if anyone can help.

Here’s an overview of what I’ve done.

I have downloaded the latest maps - World bundle 3 - Updated: 2021/06/21 to a new formatted SD card
    The download folder on my windows PC is titled DiscoverCare_v.1.0.4_win

The title of the maps according to the DiscoverCare app is shown as 5NA.919.866.BN 1710 MRM3 2022

When I open the SD card the following single folder is shown

maps

inside this maps folder are the following folders (don’t know which number is the Australian maps)
    EEC

When I insert the SD card into my system I get

Navigation database not available

I have done a reboot to my system by holding the left hand on/off knob for 5 seconds +, both with card in and with the card out.

I still get the same. Navigation database not available

So by holding down the MENU button, I've got some system information which I thought might help. The screen shows the following

Installed SW version MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0475T
    Installed SWMU version 0475
    Software version H29.319.76_STD2NavPQ_EU
    Current version MST2-EU_VW_PQ_PO475T (0475-1)

When I now try to update using the update button and selecting the SD card option. The following error message comes up

Unable to read the Release Information file.
    No release available.
    Can’t find update container.

On another forum its suggested that a genuine VW SD card is required that has some CID encrypted coded (unaffected by reformatting) that is required for the system to read it - the DiscoverCare manual doesn't say anything about this, and its not been mentioned on this forum. So any suggestions on what to try next, or have I missed something in the thread? Thanks in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by RocMan View Post
    On another forum its suggested that a genuine VW SD card is required that has some CID encrypted coded (unaffected by reformatting) that is required for the system to read it - the DiscoverCare manual doesn't say anything about this, and its not been mentioned on this forum. So any suggestions on what to try next, or have I missed something in the thread? Thanks in anticipation.
    That's correct about the genuine Volkswagen SD card.
    The process you have done is correct but without the card encryption on the SD card the Discover media will not allow the card to be read.
    You need to look for part number 3G0 919 866 (followed by a letter or two), does not matter what mapping information is on the card as you will over write it with what you have done.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag

Thanks Flipper, according to my local dealer who has at last replied, the part number for the latest Australian map data SD card is now 5NA919866AM Seems the number changes with each new version of the maps. Price a hefty A$235.
    I think I have seen in some forums that you can even use a European maps SD card, as its only the CID code that is important. You then over write the SD card with your countries maps - Australia in my case. Is this correct? Also does anyone know which of the files on the download on my PC
    EEC

is the Australian map.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast