Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps update

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by whoman View Post
    the link isn't working in reply 211 and previous posts.
    I'm downloading the one from this site Volkswagen Map Updates
    Will it work for my 2018 Golf R Discovery Pro?

Alternatively, my car is still under warranty, can I asked VW to update the maps with the next service?
    Yes it will and no they wont unless you are very lucky

There is a link in reply 228 in the quoted reply box on page 23 which works
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 15-02-2021 at 10:20 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

My dealer in Northern Melb, who is excellent, happily updated the maps - but not to the latest version. I emailed them about this, no reply, so did it myself.
    MY19 Tiguan Highline R-Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricka View Post
    My dealer in Northern Melb, who is excellent, happily updated the maps - but not to the latest version. I emailed them about this, no reply, so did it myself.
    Just like the rest of us

Users Country Flag
    Seems like a lot of discussion on the map updates and I've just completed the updates on both the 2016 (MY17) Golf GTI 40 Years & the 2020 (MY20) T-ROC 140TSI Sport ..... no issues occurred with either and this is how I did it.

1. Safely eject the SD Card and remove it from the car and took it to the computer (this is a Windows 10 HP Pavilion)
    2. Unlocked the SD Card and inserted it into the SD Card Slot. Copied the contents to the T-ROC folder I have created just in case things went peared shape
    3. Went to the updates page - Volkswagen Map Updates
    4. Selected the car eg T-ROC from 2019 and system being Discover Media
    5. This brings up the page with the various maps and @ the top is DiscoverCare for Windows so click on it and it download DiscoverCare v1.0.4 - see your screens lower left corner which you need to open and then extract & if you can create a shortcut to your desktop.
    A pdf copy of the DiscoverCare Manual is also downloaded with instructions on how to use it.
    6. Once you get Discover Care opened things should start working.
    7. You will be asked some questions and just answer them and pick the region/map eg World Bundle 3 or MRM3.
    8. Click the update button.
    9. It will check the data on the SD Card and that it is unlocked
    10. A backup copy will be made to a decided location on your computer which you can change.
    11. It will then download and install the latest version you have chosen - For Australia the file file is about 5.4GB on to the SD Card
    12. When finished remove SD Card and lock it then take and insert back into the Slot 1 in the system.

Hopefully all should be good - above is from memory and doing some screenshots on the way which won't load up on here.
    Last edited by Ale; 30-03-2021 at 06:24 AM.
    2016 (MY17) VW Golf GTI 40 Years 6 Speed Manual SOLD
    2020 VW T-ROC 140TSI Sport

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

I've been trying to read through most of the posts here to update the maps on my 2015 Golf Highline 103TSI.

Quick question can I delete all the other countries maps to save space and easier to manage? The VW SD card that was in car is only 7GB so I'll find a larger one still but just curious to know if it'll still work and cut down on time to move files.

TIA

P.S. Progress update so far I've gone to the VW website --> Maps Update --> Golf from 2015 --> Discover Pro head unit --> Downloaded Map files (25GB)

Next I'll transfer onto the SD card (along with radio logos) and plug it into glovebox card reader. Hopefully it all goes to plan.

(p.s. - I'm having some tech problems but more due to my work computer I use needing any external drives to be encrypted....and my other computer is my partner's MACbook air so trying to figure out a work around. Nothing is ever straight forward for me these days)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sav006 View Post
    Hi,

I've been trying to read through most of the posts here to update the maps on my 2015 Golf Highline 103TSI.

Quick question can I delete all the other countries maps to save space and easier to manage? The VW SD card that was in car is only 7GB so I'll find a larger one still but just curious to know if it'll still work and cut down on time to move files.

TIA

P.S. Progress update so far I've gone to the VW website --> Maps Update --> Golf from 2015 --> Discover Pro head unit --> Downloaded Map files (25GB)

Next I'll transfer onto the SD card (along with radio logos) and plug it into glovebox card reader. Hopefully it all goes to plan.

(p.s. - I'm having some tech problems but more due to my work computer I use needing any external drives to be encrypted....and my other computer is my partner's MACbook air so trying to figure out a work around. Nothing is ever straight forward for me these days)
    Firstly NO YOU CANT DELETE FILES Secondly if your unit had a VW card(8GB) (no 7gb cards) in it you have the wrong map you need the 4gb map that goes with that unit
    Are you sure it isnt a discover MEDIA unit which has a VW supplied card

You dont TRANSFER you UNZIP the file to the root directory of the card
    THirdly Macs are devils spawn and you will have trouble getting it to work with one of them

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Firstly NO YOU CANT DELETE FILES
    ok, good to know Hillbilly. 4GB will be easier to manage.

Secondly if your unit had a VW card(8GB) (no 7gb cards) in it you have the wrong map you need the 4gb map that goes with that unit
    Are you sure it isnt a discover MEDIA unit which has a VW supplied card
    You dont TRANSFER you UNZIP the file to the root directory of the card
    From the image on the VW maps update page it looked like my head unit so guessed it was the discover pro (going to model selection --> golf from 2015 -- the discovery media was silver and mine is dark....the discover pro appears with knobs on the image when selecting so black with knobs, I made the call, I don't know the difference) but going back a few posts (page 16ish) it appears it is the discover media. (Photo of mine attached for reference). As you mention it has the VW supplied SD cards so that all makes sense now.

Device Part Number: 5G0035846A
    Hardware: 041
    Software: 0430

Maps update-pxl_20210406_203539680-jpg

Just with the transfer....I unzipped the folder to my C: drive then was going to copy the unzipped files to the SD card, but alas, my company computer needs any external USB drives/SD cards to be encrypted before anything can be copied....so need to find an alternative PC to do the file transfers as if I don't effect if I encrypt the drive. Bit of PIA TBH.

Thanks for the guidance.
    2015 (MY15) VW Golf MK7 Highline 103TSI (AUTO) Puppy Interior

Users Country Flag
    ok, good to know Hillbilly. 4GB will be easier to manage.

From the image on the VW maps update page it looked like my head unit so guessed it was the discover pro (going to model selection --> golf from 2015 -- the discovery media was silver and mine is dark....the discover pro appears with knobs on the image when selecting so black with knobs, I made the call, I don't know the difference) but going back a few posts (page 16ish) it appears it is the discover media. (Photo of mine attached for reference). As you mention it has the VW supplied SD cards so that all makes sense now.

Device Part Number: 5G0035846A
    Hardware: 041
    Software: 0430

Maps update-pxl_20210406_203539680-jpg

Just with the transfer....I unzipped the folder to my C: drive then was going to copy the unzipped files to the SD card, but alas, my company computer needs any external USB drives/SD cards to be encrypted before anything can be copied....so need to find an alternative PC to do the file transfers as if I don't effect if I encrypt the drive. Bit of PIA TBH.

Thanks for the guidance.
    Ha ha naughty boy doing stuff at work get a mate to do it for you its only a 4 gb d/load and a bit of time

Users Country Flag
    Ha ha naughty boy doing stuff at work get a mate to do it for you its only a 4 gb d/load and a bit of time
    haha....shhh. but yeah I'm WFH actually but just using a work laptop. I'll figure something out. Seems straight forward now. Unfortunately deleted the old maps so the nav will be useless until I do.
    2015 (MY15) VW Golf MK7 Highline 103TSI (AUTO) Puppy Interior

Users Country Flag

haha....shhh. but yeah I'm WFH actually but just using a work laptop. I'll figure something out. Seems straight forward now. Unfortunately deleted the old maps so the nav will be useless until I do.
    Always back them up to something then you can reload them

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast