Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps update

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the link and the installation information works great.
    2020 Golf R Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Discover Pro version P88

Attachment 48544

Location - http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.c...ROW_202022.zip
    Tips for young players:
    Download with a download manager
    Don't use Apple
    Extract directly from the Zip file to your SD card
    If at first it won't work reformat your SD card and try again
    Thank-you! Except I can't get it to extract to a 32GB card as there's not enough space, as the card only has 28.4GB free even after multiple formats. Argh! I don't own a 64Gb!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mcor77 View Post
    Thank-you! Except I can't get it to extract to a 32GB card as there's not enough space, as the card only has 28.4GB free even after multiple formats. Argh! I don't own a 64Gb!
    Format it in a PC as Fat32 and you will get 29.8 and has 1.10 free after unzipping the map Have never had any problem with any of mine

DONT USE A MAC

Got a bigger USB stick as that should work
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 25-06-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Format it in a PC as Fat32 and you will get 29.8 and has 1.10 free after unzipping the map Have never had any problem with any of mine

DONT USE A MAC

Got a bigger USB stick as that should work
    Yep using Windows with Fat32. Even tried Exfat. Still 29.4GB. Maybe I'll try a different card.
    2019 VW Golf Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    I have downloaded the VW DiscoverCare app for MacOS. I am keen to update the maps for my car. Sadly, I just discovered that my plastic folder in my glove box is empty - no SD card Nor in either of the slots as I checked. I bought my VW Golf last year and did not think to ensure the SD card was there, amongst all the other things of concern when buying a car. I assume I still have the 2013 maps installed. Is there a way to make any old SD card work or am I required to get hold of a genuine VW one? Without buying a new one, I assume this could be possible as many Golfs between 2013 and now have been wrecked for one reason or another. Can I make use of any SD Card, as the app asks me to insert my genuine precision-made German VW SD card to continue the process... Thanks for any advice.
    2013 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline 7 Auto owner.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendigity View Post
    I have downloaded the VW DiscoverCare app for MacOS. I am keen to update the maps for my car. Sadly, I just discovered that my plastic folder in my glove box is empty - no SD card Nor in either of the slots as I checked. I bought my VW Golf last year and did not think to ensure the SD card was there, amongst all the other things of concern when buying a car. I assume I still have the 2013 maps installed. Is there a way to make any old SD card work or am I required to get hold of a genuine VW one? Without buying a new one, I assume this could be possible as many Golfs between 2013 and now have been wrecked for one reason or another. Can I make use of any SD Card, as the app asks me to insert my genuine precision-made German VW SD card to continue the process... Thanks for any advice.
    You need a genuine card and the required maps are not available any more on the VW site anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Serendigity View Post
    Do you have the Discover Pro system, noting your signature of a Highline and are you running maps without the SD card now? If so you have the maps on the vehicle's hard drive. Pre 2015 cars (without Carplay or Android auto) required a software fix before allowing map updates but that was the basic Discover version so unsure with the Pro version.
    You could try the link on post 165 with any SD card up to 32 gb, but try and work with non apple products.
    If you only have the Discover version which needs the SD card than yes you can use an authorised VW one (part number 3GO919866) only. Can be 2nd hand. If your maps are original 2013 than you may need to ask your dealer with what they could do, as highly unlikely the map fix has been applied.
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 02-07-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    I think I will just stick with Google Maps on my iPhone and leave the car the way it is, too hard to figure it out Thanks anyway.
    2013 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline 7 Auto owner.

Users Country Flag
    Here is the map for MIB2 units. Its from November last year. So its only one version out of date I downloaded it for a friends car but havent seen him since then so it might help someone Its 4.3GB File name is Discover Media2_MRM3_1420_V12.7z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15sY...ew?usp=sharing

Also prev version form June 2019 Discover Media2_ MRM3_1310_V11.7z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AnT...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 04-07-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Users Country Flag

New Maps for Rest Of World

The maps for Australia are back on the download site, but still showing the maps as July 2019.
    However, DiscoverCare is showing the latest maps.

Maps update-screen-shot-2020-07-06-7-42-52-pm-png

Just tried DiscoverCare and the file name it downloads matches the one from the download site for Discover Pro unit.
    P88_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z
    Last edited by LAnMarc; 06-07-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    Mk 7.5 GTI | Manual | Indium Grey | Driver Assist | Infotainment | Luxury Package

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast