Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps update

Users Country Flag

Just a heads up, Discover Pro map updates available oneline to download. Maps dated October 1st.

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P76_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z
    Tiguan 162TSI R-Line | Tungsten Silver | DAP | MY18

Users Country Flag
    About time, I’ve been waiting for these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    When copying to the SD card, can we omit everything except the Australia (and system) folders? Or is it all or nothing?
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Does your P76 update show the speed sign on the top left corner?
    Just updated and no speed signs (yes it's turned on in settings)

Skoda RS230
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

I would suggest all or nothing I have updated mine already with no issues.

Users Country Flag
    I've downloaded the new maps but I'm unable to update.

Probably because I have a retrofitted MIB1 unit, I always have to update through the SWDL menu and have done this one before earlier this year.

However this time, the headunit detects the new maps (update from version 68 to version 76 as per the picture) but it will not update as the newer map (version 76) is "N/A".

I've circled this as the flash makes it hard to read.

Maps update-20181122_205401s-jpg

Can anyone advise why I'm not able to update?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maps update-20181122_205401s-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarman View Post
    When copying to the SD card, can we omit everything except the Australia (and system) folders? Or is it all or nothing?
    That's a great question which i was about to ask myself as well! Just got a new (2013) Mk7 and found out myself i could update the satnav via the VW website but using 32g seems redundant when we only need 2g for Australia! Even the factory SD card is only a 4gig one!

Users Country Flag
    Question for you guys that have managed to update.... i was up until midnight trying and trying and trying some more to get this to work. 2013 Mk7 103TSI Highline, i've downloaded the correct map pack for Discover Media unit from the international site P51... 7z file 3.1gig, formatted the VW SD card to FAT32, copied over files = Satnav says "The navigation data in the infotainment system are not valid, please check data". Have tried this several times. I have also tried using the DiscoveryCare program which works fine, copies to the SD card and i still get invalid data when i put it in the car. I wouldn't be so frustrated if it didn't take sooooooooo long to copy to the SD card every time!

Also tried using a USB and doing MENU/UPDATE but it doesn't detect the USB at all.

The only possible problem i've found was a post on whirlpool saying that the 2013 models need to have a "Mapcare firmware update" installed from the dealer. Is this correct?

Users Country Flag
    Maybe you shouldn’t have format the original vw sd card?

Users Country Flag

I didn't the first couple of times, just used the DiscoveryCare program which i'm pretty sure formats the card before copying new files anyway. But if you're doing it by the manual copy files over method, as per VW instructions you're supposed to format the card first.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast