Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps update

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Multi Region Map 2 is Europe I found out.
    You need to choose Multi Region Map.
    This worked for me
    Ahh crap.......well, it's in the dealerships hands now (for App Connect & Nav issues), so they'll discover I installed the wrong ones. Anyway, it stopped working with the prior maps version so there are bigger gremlins to fry.........
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

This was the problem I had before. I was not seeing the update as I had multi region map 2 selected in settings. All fixed and now upgraded with the change to multi region map setting....thanks

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pepito View Post
    Took my GTI into the dealership yesterday on its last day of warranty to get this update installed.

Cut a long story short the update wouldn't install on my car and their techs were baffled.

They've written to VW in Germany for help so they can have another go next week.

Does anybody know if this fix to the navigation voice is one we can do ourselves ?
    Is this a free service?
    MK7 Golf GTI 40 Years | Carbon Steel | DSG | Front Windows Tinted | JB1 (Map 6) | Sunroof | Folding Mirrors Retrofitted | Current
    W211 E55 AMG | Previous

Quote Originally Posted by Schvengb View Post
    This was the problem I had before. I was not seeing the update as I had multi region map 2 selected in settings. All fixed and now upgraded with the change to multi region map setting....thanks
    Is your file 7.2GB?

Here are the details of the map pack I downloaded. I think it's the right one?...

Maps update-map-pack-region-jpg
    Maps update-map-pack-region-2-jpg

The notepad file within its folder is entitled: "0821_MP163-1245.xROW2.md5sum"

If anyone can confirm, it's be appreciated.
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

It was closer to 24gb from memory....the file designation has 00065 and 2017/2018 in it

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Mine was around 24 GB, but is the discover pro, yours is discover media.
    By your signature, I assume you have discover media. I think you need to use the SD card that came with the car and update that one.
    Not sure though but seemed to indicate that from the instructions

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralfi View Post
    Is your file 7.2GB?

Here are the details of the map pack I downloaded. I think it's the right one?...

Maps update-map-pack-region-jpg
    Maps update-map-pack-region-2-jpg

The notepad file within its folder is entitled: "0821_MP163-1245.xROW2.md5sum"

If anyone can confirm, it's be appreciated.
    Confirmed same as what I used

Quote Originally Posted by Schvengb View Post
    It was closer to 24gb from memory....the file designation has 00065 and 2017/2018 in it
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Mine was around 24 GB, but is the discover pro, yours is discover media.
    By your signature, I assume you have discover media. I think you need to use the SD card that came with the car and update that one.
    Not sure though but seemed to indicate that from the instructions
    24GB? That's huge. But yeah, we have differing units. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KFiddy View Post
    Confirmed same as what I used
    Thanks, KFiddy.

I have much bigger problems though....hoping the dealer works them out next week..
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mickofoz View Post
    After getting nowhere with VW Australia and my dealer, I finally had enough and contacted VW Germany to get help on how to regularly update the Maps in my car. The German contact was stunned at the lack of support I’ve had from VW Australia and my dealer.
    Turns out there is an App VW provides for Windows and Mac which will create an SD card for any region in the world. It will also let you know when an update is available. Here is the link. Enjoy

DiscoverCare < Innovation & Technology < Volkswagen International
    Hello Mick. Can you please check the link? When I try I get an Not Found error message. Thanks
    A VW Golf is like a German art house film, laughing clowns and naked women fighting maddened crows. A Toyota Corolla is like a glass of tap water. Jeremy Clarkson

Users Country Flag

VW_APAC_Media_MIB1_New

Still no update for me. May 2017 is the latest, hopefully there will be one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast