Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps update

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You do it how you want There is only 3 files anyway
    When I unzip the file there are way more than three files, there are files for each country (ROW), am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding the process?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    When I unzip the file there are way more than three files, there are files for each country (ROW), am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding the process?
    Yes you are you are making a simple thing complicated by over thinking the process Put an SD card in your PC (hopefully you arent using a MAC) unzip the file you downloaded which should be P90_N6055MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z
    It will give 3 entries on the SD card

2 folders and a text file

MIB1
    MIB2
    Metaininfo.txt

Put the card with them on them into the car Thats all you need to worry about While all the maps are on there the unit will find the correct one for the area it is working in

YOU CANT DELETE THE OTHERS as it then wont work
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You do it how you want There is only 3 files anyway
    Thanks but you led me astray by saying files instead of folders

Quote Originally Posted by mickofoz View Post
    After getting nowhere with VW Australia and my dealer, I finally had enough and contacted VW Germany to get help on how to regularly update the Maps in my car. The German contact was stunned at the lack of support I’ve had from VW Australia and my dealer.
    Turns out there is an App VW provides for Windows and Mac which will create an SD card for any region in the world. It will also let you know when an update is available. Here is the link. Enjoy

DiscoverCare < Innovation & Technology < Volkswagen International
    Hi, I visited this URL and all it did was redirect to VW's Australian site. Is there an updated link. Considering this is part of the VAG group would anyone have similar URL for Audi maps?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by minke View Post
    Hi, I visited this URL and all it did was redirect to VW's Australian site. Is there an updated link. Considering this is part of the VAG group would anyone have similar URL for Audi maps?
    The link above DOESNT go to a Discover Care upgrade page and I couldnt find one trying for 2 hours in various ways yesterday. I even registered on the German site to no avail

The latest version of Discover Care was 1.04 which I have on my computer IT DOESNT WORK. It has been deleted from the Maps page because for the last two editions it has given Checksum errors.

I tried yesterday to use it to do the latest map and after d/loading it and getting it ready to put on SD card it gave the Checksum error.

It also did the same with prev 2 editions as I said and the only way to get the map now is to D/load to a HDD and then unzip it to the SD card. Its not hard, just takes longer and dont growl THEY ARE FREE
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 09-12-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Audi maps while similar are obtained differently apparently and you need a "My Audi " account to get them

Depending on the age of your Audi and the system it uses will depend on if you can use the linked VW group maps.
    MMI3G and earlier - no
    MIB2 Plus - yes, Discover Pro version
    Produced before mid 2018 - no
    MIB3 (touch screen version) - no
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Upgraded in February this year the maps in my 2016 (MY17) Golf GTI 40 Years and found this useful - https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwi...ne_2019_EN.pdf
    2016 (MY17) VW Golf GTI 40 Years 6 Speed Manual SOLD
    2020 VW T-ROC 140TSI Sport

Users Country Flag
    Also this should/may take you to the map update page - Volkswagen Map Updates
    Last edited by Ale; 26-12-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    2016 (MY17) VW Golf GTI 40 Years 6 Speed Manual SOLD
    2020 VW T-ROC 140TSI Sport

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    Also this should/may take you to the map update page - Volkswagen Map Updates
    Does the downloaded file work as updates? After unzipping, I see a directory by the name of "Maps" which has subdirectories with files in them. My understanding is that the system requires the "metainfo.txt" file as well.

Will try updating today though.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast