Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps and POIs for Discover Media

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alex31 View Post
    Hey I know it has probably been spoken about already, but is it possible to update V1 maps?

Yes, but you have to visit a VW dealer first to get "MapCare" enabled on your specific VIN number. There is a unique code for each VIN affected.

Users Country Flag
    I'm going to call up tomorrow and hope they understand what that means

Can I also confirm which map zip file has been used for the MIB1 map updates? I can get different results from the navigation.com search results depending on the links mentioned in this thread...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post

Can I also confirm which map zip file has been used for the MIB1 map updates? I can get different results from the navigation.com search results depending on the links mentioned in this thread...
    Hey Bud, I got it done and am running the latest 2016 ROW. I'm now certain it has nothing to do with the version numbers.

Users Country Flag
    First they said it's a DVD update that's required for my car.

I've thrown them the words "MapCare" MY13 and SD Cards and hope they can understand what I'm talking about.

For those who had it done from their dealer, can you give me (PM) details on their dealer/service manager that knew what they are doing?

Update: They have understood! Car booked in for next week!
    Last edited by Eaglehawk; 03-05-2016 at 04:35 PM.

I took my car in for service the other day and asked for my maps to be updated.
    They have updated it without any hassle.
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Well on my XC90 Volvo they have "free software updates" in their service costs but then tell you it doesn't include maps and that will be $1000 thank you very much - no thanks. So now when I go on holidays on the new freeways, I am driving through farms and it gets awfully confused.

I asked my local dealer last Sat (8 days ago) if there are new maps out. They said they'd get back to me on Monday.

Heard nothing. Typical.

Try again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kevvie View Post
    Well on my XC90 Volvo they have "free software updates" in their service costs but then tell you it doesn't include maps and that will be $1000 thank you very much - no thanks. So now when I go on holidays on the new freeways, I am driving through farms and it gets awfully confused.
    $1000!!?! What an utter disgrace that is.
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralfi View Post

$1000!!?! What an utter disgrace that is.
    At least they didn't take 3 years to work out they forgot to enable SatNAV updates on their cars...

Users Country Flag
    Update: They have understood! Car booked in for next week!
    Well, I hoped for the best. Still no update. Ran out of time to try HQ's method of doing the update. Booked in next week again.

Haven't been any new maps for a while according to my dealer, but they expect new ones in a couple of weeks.

& they want to charge $180 for the upgrade (via new SD card)....
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast