Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps and POIs for Discover Media

Just picked up the new 92TSI with the 6.5" discovery MIB II, maps are now V3 (3G0 919 866 K). Has a quick look with VCDS but yet to find out if traffic signs work, also interested in this with the Audi's system.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Yes! That is it. Whew, can now get to worrying over some other trivia~! Thank you very much for the response turtle.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    Like this? It means no overtaking in Europe.
    Turtle: Hi
    I was surprised to hear that this facility was working in Australia. The "Traffic sign" recognition is not part of the SATNAV unit (as I understand), it's a function of the driver assist facility and specifically, the front looking camera that is positioned in front of the rear vision mirror (VW call it R242).

I had first thought that the picture that you posted would just be a result of the front camera picking up the flow of vehicles in adjacent lanes. When did Australia start using the "red filter" system for traffic sign recognition?

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 16-08-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Turtle: Hi
    I was surprised to hear that this facility was working in Australia. The "Traffic sign" recognition is not part of the SATNAV unit (as I understand), it's a function of the driver assist facility and specifically, the front looking camera that is positioned in front of the rear vision mirror (VW call it R242).

I had first thought that the picture that you posted would just be a result of the front camera picking up the flow of vehicles in adjacent lanes. When did Australia start using the "red filter" system for traffic sign recognition?

Don
    Don,
    I don't believe it has anything to do with camera's picking up signs, I think its just programmed into the map in the same way the speed zones are (they also show up on the map).

I don't have the Driver Assist package on my GTI however I still get speed sign show up on the map when driving (using the old map, havn't had a chace to update it yet). Happy to be corrected.

Flipper Dog Can you provide me with your VIN number so I can try and get the part numbers for the Radio please.

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

My VW SD card (V2) when it's in my MK7 Sat Nav is recognised and fully working. However, when I try to read it on a PC (I've tried a few) it's as if it's corrupt or not formatted as no valid partition or files show so I can't copy them off before doing this 2015 update.

Has anyone had similar problems?

thnx
    webby

Users Country Flag
    Well...that was easier than I thought. Another V2 card successfully upgraded! Thanks for the find.

Is it just me or are the graphics a bit better than previous? The software seems to take a bit longer to load too. Given the length of time it takes to copy the files I'm not going back to check though.

For anyone with V1 SD you can update your map here for free!

GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

This is the Naviteq (now called "Here" maps) website. I successfully updated my V1 SD card to the latest 2015 maps today. It's a big file at around 5.6 GB but totally worth the download. You will need to also download 7zip but a link is included in the website instructions.

You need to select "manufacturer installed" for the unit and then your model details.

To confirm, this worked with my 2013 build Mark 7 GTI with Discover Composition Media with V1 2013 maps.

Can't recommend this download enough and happy to finally have a result for us V1-ers!

Haven't tried this for the later versions but would imagine it would work without issues.

Discover Media 2015 maps for V1 SD card

For anyone with V1 SD you can update your map here for free!

GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

This is the Naviteq (now called "Here" maps) website. I successfully updated my V1 SD card to the latest 2015 maps today. It's a big file at around 5.6 GB but totally worth the download. You will need to also download 7zip but a link is included in the website instructions.

You need to select "manufacturer installed" for the unit and then your model details.

To confirm, this worked with my 2013 build Mark 7 GTI with Discover Composition Media with V1 2013 maps.

Can't recommend this download enough and happy to finally have a result for us V1-ers!

Haven't tried this for the later versions but would imagine it would work without issues.

Users Country Flag

You sir are a champion - just started the download. Have only been waiting for this for two years.
    Hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast